jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (10 posts)

God is not in the sky, but in your heart

1. Chip6 profile image61
    Chip6posted 5 years ago

Please know that there is no magical, supernatural God. But a very real God exists. In your heart. That is why heart failure is fatal!!

1. A Troubled Man profile image61
      A Troubled Manposted 5 years agoin reply to this

lol Good one!

That works on so many levels, too.

Do pacemakers keep God alive?
      Does an artificial heart have an artificial God?
      Phenomenal cosmic powers! Itty bitty living space.
      Is heartburn God farting?

1. Chip6 profile image61
        Chip6posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Joking apart, we don't know whether man has a soul or not. We don't know know what consciousness exactly is. We don't know how to differentiate between dream and reality. Don't be cocksure that there is no spirit inside a man.

True, souls have never been shown to exist, hence are irrelevant until they do show themselves.

Not really true, we know a great deal about the brain and how it works, which can't be discounted nor can it be compared to souls, of which there is absolutely nothing to know.

That is made evident here every day.

I'm not cocksure there are no Midichlorians inside a man, either. But, it sure seems indistinguishable from wishful thinking.

1. Chip6 profile image61

Well, your idea of spirit doesn't fit with how other people perceive it. There are many modes of the consciousness. The human race doesn't even know the truth of themselves and their origin, let alone anything else and how the laws of physics originated.

The distinction between dream and reality is a very serious issue. You're quite right. There is no certainty that we are not perpetually dreaming, and that all our sciences and arts are but the illusions of a dreamer.

Brain? Did you talk about brain? ha ha ha! Ok, I have a car and I know (discovered) how it works. That's all very amusing. But that doesn't say anything about me. The car isn't me, though it takes me around the town. The the sense of 'I' or 'ME', are very distinct from the brain. Soul is a real possibility.

Even, that we can study the brain, itself is a strong indication that consciousness is nowhere solely dependent upon the brain.

So what? That doesn't mean spirits exist.

You just said, "We don't know what consciousness exactly is"

We know a great deal and we know how the laws of physics originated.

No, the distinction is something believers struggle with, not the rest of us.

No, the  brain and you are one and the same. No souls required.

They are one and the same.

1. Chip6 profile image61

"We know a great deal and we know how the laws of physics originated."

"No, the distinction is something believers struggle with, not the rest of us."

"No, the  brain and you are one and the same. No souls required."

Well, A Troubled Man, if you would forcefully that say you know these things, then that's good.

They're common knowledge.

1. Chip6 profile image61

Of those who know little. lol

2. pisean282311 profile image60
      pisean282311posted 5 years agoin reply to this

lol

working