god exist in human brain : agreed or disagree?

Jump to Last Post 1-35 of 35 discussions (185 posts)
  1. pisean282311 profile image61
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

was reading an article by an atheist...punch line was that god exist in human brain...

1. kess profile image61
      kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

God resides in the consciousness of an individual. in fact GOD  is this consciousness.

All posseses this knowing, though not all are able to fully understand the concept....
      This is because of how they see themselves,

But since only Truth can Show men their identity, which is beyond this world, not many will find it.

For their present identity will stand in the way of Truth.

pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

and to be conscious we need brain...right?...without brain consciousness is not possible....so god exist in brain...what say?

1. kess profile image61

No, the brain is not needed for the consciousness to exist actually Consciousness preceded any physical thing.

The brain actually divides the consciousness so that we are not able to "see" clearly.
          Thus our physical existence will be of primary importance to us....but for a While(which is the beginning of the concept of time).

This was the intention from the beginning so that we can know all things.

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
            couturepopcafeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

kess - you are the first I've seen on the forums to express this concept in laymen's terms.  The idea that the brain - the mind - actually separates us from liberation.  Creative nature - the nature of creation - is not moved into action by any incidental cause, but by the removal of obstacles, by the removal of habitual patterns, the relationship of cause and effect which we allow to cling.  One who remains undistracted by the effects of worldly afflictions reaches discriminative discernment.  From this there follows freedom from cause and effect.  We have the potential to achieve complete disassociation with awareness thus ultimately joining pure consciousness.

2. pennyofheaven profile image80
            pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Does not divide deliberately in my view. Just hasn't been used all that much. We are a very lazy culture.

3. pisean282311 profile image61

@kess so without brain consciousness is possible...i mean without fully developed brain...so other species might also have consciousness ...every living entity must posses it...right?

Now that is a very good question.  I have no answer.  Anyone?

1. pennyofheaven profile image80

Everything that exists has consciousness or rather is consciousness to a greater or lesser degree, depending on its form. Our ability to perceive arises through the use (or lack of use in most cases lol) of the physical brain.

Excellent explanation.  "Everything [i]is[i/] consciousness".  So perception and 'seeing' are for the sake of the seer.  The mind perceives what it reflects which is why what we think about persists, why we become/experience what we think about.  Consciousness appears to the mind as intellect, a way to 'see' distinction, to perceive.  Yes, I think so.

Agree.

2. kess profile image61

The consciousness always preceded the brain.......

The consciousness "exist" as whole in one of two forms...
              As All things which is called Life.
              or as nothing which is called death.

Now while in the brain it becomes divided, in this state of division it becomes unsure of itself.

As long as it remains divided it will exist as death...

But when realisation comes then one sees himself as Life.

Only the brain that is empowered by consciousness can have an understanding and discussions about pertaining to life and death, good and evil etc etc.

This is why where there is ultimately no realisation, the consciousness will take the position of "when you dead you done".

And it will remain so for such a one because he has returned to his origin.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
                Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And, the cart goes before the horse. smile

Excellent post

2. profile image50
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Tell the Atheists that it is we the humans who exist in our brains; and a very temporary existence; it is Allah- the Creator God whose existence is real and lasting.

lol who says that...your brain right?...how did you conclude that?...using your brain right...so without brain...god becomes unnamed,un recognizable..s

3. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

god doesn't exist in the brain, but imagination takes place in the brain - God is imagined by the brain (not the heart)

I would contend that paarsurrey, pisean and Bailebear are all correct.  The concept and therefore existence of consciousness (God) in the mind would be misinterpreted as physical brain.  However, reasoning, which is a typically human attribute, conflicts with clarity.  This argumentative/reasoning position or condition is what separates us from pure consciousness or the higher state of being. 

paarsurrey believes the creator is real and lasting, a consciousness which is separated from worldly affliction.  This unexplainable phenomenon is what has kept so many over thousands of years attracted to God/consciousness, and rightly so though I believe misinterpreted.

pisean takes a stand for the brain illogically concluding that God/consciousness exists because without reason this consciousness becomes nameless, unrecognizable.  The detachment from awareness of cause and effect could, in fact, potentially bring us to a state of total unawareness, unnamed and unrecognizable, but one with the higher consciousness. 

Baileybear believes imagination is how we come to identify a higher power, through the brain, not the heart though the two are directly connected both physiologically and emotionally.  Difficult to separate in our worldly terms, she may be closest to the mark.  We have 'imagined' a God/consciousness because it already exists within us.  It is something we remember rather something we have imagined.

In a sense you are correct. Science has found a way to explain imagination. Almost all of existence is perceived through our minds which use the brain as its conduit if you like. God is perceived by the brain then. If the neurons that can perceive more of what is "out there" (but not really out there)are firing we will perceive more of what is out there. So in order to perceive God those particular neurons need to be firing. If they are not God won't exist.

4. ceciliabeltran profile image63
      ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

would that atheist be me Pisean? I'm not an atheist.
      you misunderstood. first of all, define G-d.

hey when did i mention about you?

5. profile image57
      stoneyyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...along with every other fictional concept.

And real concept.

6. Druid Dude profile image60
      Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Kess. You hold the Grail. Penny...hi sweetcakes! The ones who don't have a clue? "Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see." Open your eyes, and let your mind free. Peace everybody!

7. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

who are we to judge anyones belief?  Let's try to stick to our own, seems damn simple to me>

hmm:

8. britneydavidson profile image60
      britneydavidsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Disagree, and i have particular reason so you will agree also, if God exist in human brain then it will never think negative and wrong for others and he and she will also be happy, so real place of God is far from this world.

well who said god is incapable of negative and can't harm others?...it is general perception...but if we consider there is god and say god created everything...automatically god becomes source of good/bad , right/wrong, evil/non evil , good/bad...negative too comes from god as does positive, or else there has to be two copies of god...one which is source of all good and one that is source of all bad...if we say that god is singular , HE is good,bad combined then....

2. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

So would being an atheist mean that the God part of the brain is missing then?

1. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I imagine a few Christians would agree with that assessment tongue lol

lol

2. profile image0
      china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No - the god spot replaces the reasoning area.

Ahhh! Good reasoning tongue lol

2. couturepopcafe profile image60

china man - yes, yes!  That is exactly the way we should be thinking.

3. pennyofheaven profile image80

No would mean the neurons that perceive God are not firing, perhaps back firing.

I might know of some chemicals that could get those neurons firing again! Sadly I don't think they are legal in most countries wink lol

Haha!

2. profile image0

lots of natural substances have hallucinogenic substances eg the bark of acacia tree - maybe that's why Moses 'saw' God in a burning bush?

1. Pandoras Box profile image59
            Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Moses -- or whoever made him up -- was smokin' the funny stuff for sure.

1. profile image0

my son and I get 'drugged' by natural chemicals in fruit.  People can get high on food.

penny - you are more correct than you might imagine.  The direction of our engagement would necessarily determine what we perceive.  Memory - not allowing mental impressions to escape - would preclude a correct perception of God/consciousness, in essence going backward or more correctly put, sinking deeper into affliction, that which prevents us from discernment.  Conversely, those who cling to organized religious groups are essentially doing the wrong thing but for the right reasons.

Yes

4. profile image0

lol  lol  lol  lol  lol  lol

3. mike71090 profile image58
    mike71090posted 13 years ago

god exist in our hearts..we just dont think that there is god..but we actually feel that god really exist..

1. Rishy Rich profile image74
      Rishy Richposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So how does it work for those who lived with artificial hearts? I suppose their God exists in that artificial pumping mechanism!! Right? hmm

The House of Modern God:
      http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/artificial-heart-abiocor-hand.jpg

lol

2. profile image0

lol

3. couturepopcafe profile image60

Rich - it would be foolish to confuse the physical heart with the emotional heart just as it is incorrect to confuse the brain as being the mind.  There is much, much more to existence of life than most of us know.  I would challenge you to give me an example of someone who has an artificial heart and has become devoid of emotion.

Can you please define what an 'Emotional Heart' is? Sorry for my ignorance but this is the first time I have been told that we have Two different types of hearts!!! roll

A person with artificial heart will not lack any emotion & that was exactly my point. Because, emotions occur from our brain honey, not from our heart! Feelings & emotions all forms from parts of our brain. Heart has nothing to do with dat. Please go through Psychology -101 before starting this type of conversation again. hmm

No need to be rude, Rich, this is a friendly conversation.  So then we agree.  Since you did not really state this, it is sometimes difficult for me to read between the lines of innuendo, no offense intended.  Now let me ask you a question.  What exactly is brain honey?  wink

I wont mind teaching those who are really willing to learn. But for those, who think we have TWO HEARTS smile it would be little difficult & I am afraid I have to know their view first!

So, how many brains do you think we have?? big_smile

If you mean brain as in a center of a nervous system, possibly 2.  If you mean brain as in large cellular mass located in the head, than 1.

"If you mean brain as in a center of a nervous system, possibly 2"

Would u care explaining how we have two brains?

Nearly every brain-regulating chemical found in your brain has also been found in your gut brain (the enteric nervous system)including both hormones and neurotransmitters.  The total of nerve cells in your gut is greater than the total nerves connecting the rest your body to your brain. This complex circuitry allows your “gut brain” to act totally independent of the brain in your skull.

(gotta run out the door.  will chat more later)

2. Jerami profile image59
            Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think that emotions radiate from every pour of our skin, every drop of blood, and every tear,etc, etc..

Emotion radiated from every aspect of our being.

There is where the mind resides.

Our mind is everything that we are.
              The brain is just an organ which is assigned with the task of sorting out all of this emotion that happens from the bottom of our feet to the tips of our hair.

Sorry about that;  just thinking out loud again.

Since the brain is connected to all that is in the body you will be correct. Since it is the conduit of the mind this too can be sensed in all parts of the body.

1. Jerami profile image59

Yes   i read once that a thing is more than the collective sum of its parts.  and in this instance, the number of parts are innumerable.

How can we phantom just how great the sum total must be.

WE CAN"T!   It would be foolish to presume otherwise.

Yes agree.

1. Jerami profile image59

Well I guess I've stated what was on my mind.
                      There isn't much sense in repeating it over and over.

Unless somebody has a point to make , question, or rebuttal, I think I'll hide in a corner after I go hose off  (shower)

2. Friendlyword profile image60
                    Friendlywordposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"How can we phantom just how great the sum total must be."

There u go Jerami!
                    You said it all.  We can pack it up and go home. God is doing fine in his Heaven and earth and everywhere else. The only problem with God is in the mind of human beings that want to assume they can know the mind of God. All you do is give yourself and everyone else a headache. You can't know the word of God.
                    THE WORD OF GOD! GOD SAYS THIS IN THE BIBLE, ALLAH SIAD THAT IN THE KORAN! GOD SPOKE TO ME, AND HE SAID...

I Think, the greatest sin man commits, is assuming to know the mind of God.

2. profile image0

yes, the brain is connected to nerves - our nervous system

Yes, and your point is? Or was there no point? Ok if no point was intended.

Yes.  And of course I was speaking metaphorically about an emotional heart.

Yes of course a very misled metaphor as our emotions has nothing much to do with heart!

1. profile image0

agree - this metaphor was around way before christianity

2. profile image0

the 'emotional heart' is in the mind, not the organ of the heart.

Thank you, Baileybear.  The fact that the brain sends signals to the rest of the body when one begins to experience a crush, for example, or a death of a loved one, is where the idea about emotional heart probably began.  Our heart rate increases, we breath differently, blood pressure increases, etc.  I'm pretty sure anyone who passed 5th grade knows we have one heart, one brain though I can understand how the idea could be misleading.  I guess I will need to follow my own advice and consider the audience and context in conversation.  I try to be exacting when I'm writing because it is easy to be misinterpreted.  I will be more mindful in future.  (No pun intended)

Yeah, with the blessings of Google, we all can pretend to be smarter than a fifth grader!  roll

Rich, you're a real wise guy.  Some people spend a lifetime learning and the web has certainly made information more readily available.  You can argue that Google can make anyone seem more knowledgeable and there would be some truth to that.  One could just as easily go to a book or to an expert or draw from one's own experience.  If you can't hold up an intelligent conversation, or at least take part in some intelligent way, maybe you should not pretend to be part of the conversation...........honey.  I'm a little weary of reverse prejudice.  I don't pretend to be smart.  I am smart.  I don't pretend to be smarter than you or anyone else.  I bring to the conversation and debate in the way I know using the best of my intellect.  If for some reason you are offended by someone who likes to learn, it's not my problem.  You should consider striving for something you really want and by your comments I'd say you want to be more educated.  Instead you spend your time belittling and making sarcastic remarks.

4. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 13 years ago

Anyone want to share some of this with me? big_smile
    http://popcornboxes.net/wp-content/uploads/popcorn-bags.jpg

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60
      Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yum yum smile

5. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 13 years ago

What happens to converts then?

Atheist >> believer. Reason and logic section of brain shuts down/dies?

Believer >> atheist. Faith part of brain dies, logic/reason get created?

Or is there a switch that kinda does an either/or function?

HHmmmmm hmm hmm hmm

1. profile image0

everyone has both the rational and non-rational parts of brain.  Yes, parts of brains do atrophy without use. 

People that are attracted to religion seem to be more the 'intuitive/non-rational' type, more led by their feelings - from my observation

6. Pandoras Box profile image59
    Pandoras Boxposted 13 years ago

So when you die, so does the god in your brain.

impt point...

2. profile image50

Allah- the Creator God has caused our brain to exist; if we die; He is not affected by our death. He will make us accountable for using our brain for good or evil.

who says that?...again your brain...it processes what ever you hear , see , read , think...so without it god wont matter and you wont be aware about god even if real at first place...isn't it?

1. profile image50

It is because Allah-the Creator God has designed us like that.

nothing wrong in way you think...it too is one of the ways...brain reaches to conclusion and this is one of them...

1. profile image50

Thanks

2. kirstenblog profile image78

Ok so why punish us for being what He created us as? I mean really, make us with curiosity, put a tree right in the middle of the garden (not atop some massive sheer cliff top, perhaps with thorns and poison ivy all around it) and say

'see this tree here, this one right here.... pay attention guys! seriously, this is going to be in the quiz later and if you don't stop playing with that unicorn I swear to Me that I am going to take it away!... Right thats it, I am taking the unicorn back!.... Now where was I? Oh right, see this tree here, No not that one Adam, this one here, with the pretty looking fruit on it! Yes thats one Adam! Right, under no circumstances are you to eat this fruit, Eve I am looking at you!'

Then get all surprised when we are susceptible to a talking snake stirring up our curiosity (give to us by God mind you) about what makes that particular bit of fruit off limits! Not very well thought out by the Creator in my opinion.

I am what I am and I am not going to apologize for being so. I don't recall asking to be created and I sure don't appreciate being created for the purpose of worshiping a God that demands it with threats of hell and eternal damnation. I am who I am, I do the best I can with the abilities I have and if that is not good enough then to bad! Might be an idea to go back to the drawing board if worshipers are all that this God wants. Remove the curiosity, limitations in understanding, time it takes to develop and create a virtual pet on a key chain instead.

1. Pandoras Box profile image59
              Pandoras Boxposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Paragraph 2 here so wants to be developed into a short hub.

3. profile image0

yep, because it's all a figment of the imagination

4. pennyofheaven profile image80

Our peceptions of God do yes. Then perceptions aren't needed when we go back into the ocean from where we came.

7. Pandoras Box profile image59

I love posts like his.

No we cannot know, because our knowing was from before we were able to know. We will know all once again, when we are past all knowing. He knows.

roll

I'ma go try and get some work done.

8. brimancandy profile image77
    brimancandyposted 13 years ago

Everything you learn exists in your brain, but, why God would be different than anything else you learn, seems kind of pointless.

I think this is why it is so hard for these world religions and the scientists to agree. Because there are a lot of people in this world who make it a point to make you believe in "their" god, while they try to discourage you from thinking or believing anything else. Because we only know God, because someone told us he exists.

Hundreds of years ago people had the same notion that the world was flat. And, they certainly didn't know about the planets, heck, they once thought the sun was god. We only know what we learn.

So, to say that God exists in our brain can only be true. The only way it could not be true, is if nobody ever learned about it. As I'm sure that there are still things that we have not learned yet.

I had a grandmother named Hazel, but you didn't know that. But now you do because I told, just like you learned about God.

Briman - You have a point.  I think it's also possible that if we were not told there was a God, we would still sense this God/consciousness and at some point give it a name.  Of course, religion has taken this to another dimension.

9. Pandoras Box profile image59

What? You had a gramma and her eyes were hazel?

1. brimancandy profile image77
      brimancandyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

No! Her name was Hazel.

Look out folks, Pandoras box has been opened! Just Kidding!

10. Pandoras Box profile image59

Ohhh... you had a gramma and her eyes were brown, I see.

11. Pandoras Box profile image59

What's that you say? Brim's gramma was so full of it that her eyes were brown?!!!

Well that's not very nice!

12. Pandoras Box profile image59

Then people with blue eyes must be our enemies, cuz a blue-eyed schmuck insulted brim's granny.

13. Pandoras Box profile image59

All blue-eyed people shall be obliterated when brim's granny comes back.

14. Pandoras Box profile image59

All hail Brim, whose granny was sacrificed for the good of all brown-eyes.

(No blue-eyed dumb-schmucks allowed.)

15. Pandoras Box profile image59

Okay I'm done.

1. brimancandy profile image77
      brimancandyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

But, it was So entertaining. Thanks.

2. pisean282311 profile image61

Pandoras box has been closed for the day tongue

16. thirdmillenium profile image60
    thirdmilleniumposted 13 years ago

If God can exist everywhere, why make an exception? He exists in human brain also.

17. jay_kumar_07 profile image60
    jay_kumar_07posted 13 years ago

If you believe on this .Then what is the will to identify good and bad people.Pl tolerate all.Love all.
    I think we may notice some times by the way of knowledge not brain.
    All are having same brain[ weight wise and size wise...]but different in knowledge wise.

jay - I believe there is no doubt that good and bad people exist at any given time.  This is a strong argument for reincarnation.  It is not likely that the worst of us became that way in one short lifetime.  Energy has built over several lifetimes and the will to cling to old experiences has not allowed the soul to remember well the God/consciousness.  Not being emersed in an environment of good, the evil soul continues along the same path, sinking deeper and deeper into the path away from God/consciousness.  The application of mastery comes in stages:  steadfastness of mind, unbroken continuation of mental ability/meditation, consciousness of that meditation and not of the mind.  These together are self-control.  With mastery of this comes wisdom, witnessing the rise and destruction of distraction.

18. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

God exist in human brain : agreed or disagree?

We are created by Allah- the Creator God; hence our brain; the Creator God ultimately has control over everything in our self including our brain.

The Creator-God exists everywhere with His attributes but He is not a part of us the created.

Can you explain your understanding of control?

paarsurrey - I think I disagree with this to some extent.  Most major religions tell us that God is in us in some form or other whether it be Holy Spirit or some other form.  If God is everywhere, as the religions contend, why then is God not in us/part of us just as your parents are part of you?

19. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 13 years ago

doh.. heavy, heavy, heavy...my head is buzzing.

20. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

Miracles don't only happen to people, pets are some how saved from buildings falling on them, animals in the forest escape forest fires, etc.

1. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Kinda like some pets die from buildings falling on them and animals in the forest not escaping from a forest fire?

Notice that all of these events can and will occur with varying degrees of frequency and magnitude. And, the fact that these events can and will occur, none can then be considered a miracle. smile

1. SpanStar profile image60
        SpanStarposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That can be and has been called miracles when man can find any reason as to how someone avoid that which we all know should have caused them harm.

Are miracles what man has not yet understood?

21. jay_kumar_07 profile image60

JESUS told that all evil and good things are coming from Heart.
    We are talking about brain.
    Bible says - Mary kept all things in her heart not in brain.
    pl let me know.

1. profile image0

yes but she also had a purse, just not a vuitton is all lol

1. jay_kumar_07 profile image60
        jay_kumar_07posted 13 years agoin reply to this

pl

jay - I guess this is the metaphor - emotional heart.  Maybe reference to brain is intellect, reference to heart is feeling/love.  Remember the Bible speaks a lot in metaphor.

ok
        But we feel joy,sorrow, fear and pressure by the way of Heart beat. We can not feel any thing through brain. I think brain is  only for body operation. Why heart give the spontaneous reaction for the things.

Those are cleanliness  in Heart will see GOD. - BIBLE.
        We can control the things If we control the Heartbeat. Is it true.

jay - I think we can learn to control physical things like heart rate, yes.  The brain is the control center.  But we can still feel emotion.  People who are practiced in self control can do this, like Brahmins and sages and monks.  They experience the world but are not affected by it.  They practice discrimination against all negativity and only experience higher emotions such as joy.  I'm only surmising what I've learned through reading, not first hand knowledge.  I have never been a monk.

The brain interprets what we sense or feel. This is why the heart rate increases or decreases. It increases in heightened emotional times and decreases in times of peace, calm and tranquility states. The heart rate is a physical reaction to what the brain interprets. Whatever the brain interprets not only the heart but the rest of the body reacts if we are aware.

The pure of heart the bible points to, is what is sensed without our perceptions getting in the way. A kind of no mind state.

So we're back to pure consciousness.

Yes

22. profile image50
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

I think heart and brain work in conjugation; one cannot function without the other; together they are called mind.

Physically yes.

23. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

I have been conversing with nonbelievers for a number of years now and I am quite certain they have no desire or interest in changing their perspective pertaining to their beliefs so what I say now is more for believers than for nonbelievers.

If we are to accept the concept that the universe spontaneously created itself and there is no one or nothing except physical properties which runs everything then the only logical conclusion we can draw from these developments isn't that all of life and all of the universe was simply a mistake. With that in mind those of us who live serve no purpose. We have no high ideals to gravitate to since we are simply a mistake. Creating laws, respecting each other have no significance since we came from nothing and we will return to nothing.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Finally. Well done. Human laws? Human lives? Meaningless. Forgotten in a heartbeat or a meteor strike. Well done. Now you can stop claiming to be so important and causing so many fights and instead get on with being nice to your fellow man.

Oh wait - you don't want to do that because there is no Invisible Super Being watching, and it only makes sense to do this if there is an Invisible Super Being watching. sad

2. profile image50

They have a free will and Allah- the Creator God will judge them; we don't have to judge them.

Just be steadfast on the path of the Creator God and present your good arguments to help them out.

biggest help can be forgetting about god and teaching humans to be plain humans ...rather than wondering about after life which no one has seen or god which no one would see...if humans become compassionate enough...who needs god and who cares whether god exist or not...it is non important issue...but problem is with human's zeal of after life or heaven or special preference...that keeps god thing going and would keep god thing going...

1. profile image50

It is your free will to deny Allah-the Creator God; so I don't mind.

Belief in God does not mean that one should not be a good human being or should not be compassionate. A Theist can be a good and compassionate person as could an Atheist be a bad human being and without compassion.

and it can be reverse order too...that is whole point...one doesnot need book , god and religion to be what you define as good human and if god is real , HE wont be interested in how many bow in front of it but He would be more interested in how many do what they have power within themselves to do...

Yes, we do not need a book or religion, some do however. We are inherently good in my view.

3. SpanStar profile image60
      SpanStarposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I recommed you read my article again, it doesn't agree with you it simply says for those who think the way you do serves no purpose in life.

1. profile image53
        ericcholeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

1. profile image53
          ericcholeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

So are you saying break the laws and disrespect each other throughout our very short existence?

Perhaps our very existence (mistake or not) is helping the universes expand?

4. zeusspeak profile image67
      zeusspeakposted 13 years ago

human mind work according to data/views/experience of life that we save in our hard disk(mind). garbage in garbage out nothing else. we work according to our habits; so how can we say that god exist in our mind.

we are just human machine with feelings.

can you elaborate...where do you think god exist?...

1. zeusspeak profile image67
          zeusspeakposted 13 years agoin reply to this

@ pisean we r just energy either positive or negative. God is a super power.
          your question is that >> God exist in our mind. why r u relate God with Body?

I would suggest this energy is neither positive or negative except if our minds make it so. Go beyond making it either or then that is what we are.

@pennyofheaven
              what do you think/ (how represent to urself) to yourself to others eye; either good or bad* you can't say neutral. that's mean of energy* for me.

There r only two types of person: good/ positive energetic or bad/negative energetic

5. jay_kumar_07 profile image60

What is the function of Heart and Mind if a person in COMA stage.
      Any body else pl

heart works in normal fashion....brain works on auto function doing basic stuffs...why did you ask?

1. profile image50

Your answer does not cover "mind".

@ pisean
            Yes. That is why i  ask.

thanks for asking because in answering this i would be also explaining the topic title...

what about the mind?

It is amazing to verify that even after several centuries of philosophical ponderations, hard dedication to brain research and remarkable advances in the field of neuroscience, the concept of mind still remains obscure, controversial and impossible to define within the limits of our language.

One strongly held view is that the mind is an entity distinct from the brain; this speculation has its historical roots: the early theories, termed dualistic hypotheses of the brain function, which stated that the material brain can be viewed mechanistically but that mind is some entity with different and undefined physical character. In such theories the mind was seen as synonymous with the soul, forming an integral part of the prevailing religious culture. For example, René Descartes (1596-1650) the french philosopher, perpetuated Plato's (428-348 B.C.) mind-body dualism philosophically separating the mind and the body (1). He stimulated the debate "How does the non material mind influence the brain and vice versa ?" His ideas permeated philosophical and scientific views right up to the present day, changing the way in which mainstream research approached the problem of self. Since the mind and brain were now usually viewed as isolated entities, research into these areas was inherently separate; biochemists concerned themselves with objective somatic mechanisms, psychologists wrestled with the subjective properties of the mind; philosophers and theologians carried with them the spirit and soul.

Mindis a definition which tries to rescue the essence of man. The essence of a person arises from the existence of mental functions which permit him or her to think and to perceive, to love and to hate, to learn and to remember, to solve problems, to communicate through speech and writing, to create and to destroy civilizations. These expressions are closely related with brain functioning. Therefore, without the brain, the mind cannot exist, without the behavioral manifestation, the mind cannot be expressed.

Spirit and soul seem to be religious and metaphysical interpretations of the mind. Neuroscience has understood the brain and the mind as a result of experimental investigation. Acceptance or rejection of the existence of the spirit and soul depends on faith and religious conviction, which cannot be proved or disproved by experimental methods. It seems to be more coherent to think that beliefs are dependent on physiological activity of the brain and of our cultural environment. We cannot have religious concepts if we do not have a functioning brain (e.g., as when the brain activity is blocked by coma or deep anesthesia) and we cannot believe in things which we do not learn, hear, or experience. It is not impossible to think that some people can "learn" to believe in the existence of God, life after death and supernatural forces because the brain is provided with emotional centers in order to satisfy psychological needs. I frequently ask myself: "Is there any brain region involved with mystic-religious experience? Could either lesions or absence of those regions abolish religious beliefs? Or, on the contray, could "electrical storms" (hyperstimulation of neuronal circuits) provoked by psychotic or epileptic seizure be acting on specific brain circuitry that processes a possible religious feeling?"

From Journal...so i hope that answers both concept of mind and concept of  god..

1. profile image50

Brain and heart are physical parts in our body and hence their functions could be descirbed and discussed by science and philosophy; mind's abode is in our soul or spirit and hence are out of their scope.

Therefore, without the brain, the mind cannot exist...read that too...

6. sassychic profile image61
      sassychicposted 13 years ago

God is a special person and everyone's heart whether people understand and are willing to accept it. Whether God is Allah, Yahwey, God a form of Jesus or not He is with us!

1. profile image50

Allah is not invented by Muhammad or Quran; it existed much before in the Arabian Peninsula; it means “al-elah” or God with all the best attributes that humans can imagine; in other parts of the world people could have different names for Him in their own languages; it does not matter as long as the attributes are the same and have no blemish.

7. qwark profile image59
      qwarkposted 13 years ago

We humans are at the same stage in our intellectual evolution as is a
      toddler who believes in Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, the easter bunny, et al.

If and when we mature as a "species," this "god thing" will be considered with a raised eyebrow and a knowing chuckle.  smile:

Qwark

8. jay_kumar_07 profile image60

One more thing i want to share .
      Why we are forgeting our Blood.BeCause our blood only can talk to GOD
      Bible says..

pl any body

blood can talk?...

Yes.
            One guy killed his brother by the way of jealousy. He think that no body will see and punish.

But god asked him about his brother. God told that the blood of your brother asked me the justice.

[ I think the name of the brothers is ABEL& KOIN - in BIBLE]

Pl consider and advice.

daily so many people get killed by their brother or sister or relative...do you think god keeps on asking to those who murder?...it is concept...nice one but still a concept...btw we have blood talk concept in tradition but it is more about tracing the killer than anything to do with god...

My point is that to give preference to Blood than Brain & Heart with BIBLE note.

Why god not told  about brain& Heart  than Blood.
                So Blood can talk to GOD.
                The final is - GOD IS WITH BLOOD
                                        BLOOD IS WITH GOD NOT BRAIN & HEART.

Is it True.

And what asked him that except if it was his own conscience. Inherently we are good, only he knew, only he felt guilty.

jay - this reference in Genesis to blood is symbolic, not literal.  The blood does not actually speak.  It is a reference to the action of spilling the blood which 'asks for justice'.  Perhaps this is where the confusion is.

I see . I want to give the preference to BLOOD.Because Blood circulation is everywhere in our body . Blood only disappeared  from dead body not Brain &Heart. WHY.

GOD- SOUL -BLOOD Any relation.
                pl any body..

9. maticmagister profile image60
      maticmagisterposted 13 years ago

God is just a word. Jesus and Budha were preaching same ideas interpreted differently. Neither spoke of a deity that sits on the clouds above and watches if you are good or bad. Sin in it's true meaning means to miss the mark, nothing bad nothing to be punished for and hell is also just a word that represents the state of humans in which you are right now. never ending wants, needs that in the end cause only suffering.

10. Jayman5 profile image40
      Jayman5posted 13 years ago

God exists and is real - your brain notwithstanding. God created the heaven and the earth - and man. God's word is full of information about God. There lies the real authority - not man's philosophies.

Agreed! God is the author of the bible.

2. maticmagister profile image60
        maticmagisterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

and you base that on what? what you were taught thruout you'r life? philosophies of other man whos ideas you adopted as you'r own and now sound true in you.

maticmagister, I base it on what is written in the true word of God. The scriptures were inspired by God when the men wrote the bible. I guess you assumed I was taught by what people say. I hope I answered your questions.

2. Druid Dude profile image60
          Druid Dudeposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh, you mean like Darwin, Newton, Einstein and Hawking? You mean to tell us that you have a total understanding of what they are about? If you don't, then I geuss they could say anything and you would believe it. What is the difference. You still let those more intelligent than you tell you what to think. Newton wrote a book of prophecies. It's in the vatican.

3. Jayman5 profile image40
        Jayman5posted 13 years agoin reply to this

God's creation is all around us and bears testimony to him. I have a personal relationship with God, as my heavenly Father and he's has continually worked in my life. It takes faith the size of a grain of mustard seed to move  a mountain:)

1. maticmagister profile image60
          maticmagisterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

what would you're answer be if you weren't raised in a religious enviroment?smile

1. Jayman5 profile image40
            Jayman5posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I wasn't. But God has worked in my life and in my heart. He has loved me, understood me and forgiven me. I can't ask for more.

11. profile image0
      msorenssonposted 13 years ago

God does not have a physical domain. The human brain is an organ that is necessary for autonomic functions. Consciousness is not located there. God is not located there. Where one can go beyond consciousness, beyond logical thinking and beyond reasoning, one, may, perhaps, find God.

12. tony0724 profile image61
      tony0724posted 13 years ago

You cannot intellectulize something that is beyond our comprehension.Philosophy is too limited . Our finite minds cannot comprehend an infinite power. That is I think why Atheist get so frustrated and Agnostics have skepticism. Because they try to view God from our human standards and limited thinking.

well if you study religion deeper you may consider thinking other wise...

1. tony0724 profile image61
          tony0724posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Religion is still man made. God is not.

and who says that?...who reaches that conclusion?...

A truth does not have to be said. I guess you have been reading your Nietzche.

let me put that in different way...i think i miscommunicated it...who decides what is truth and what is not?

I guess that is for all of us to decide. That is an inside job. There is only one absolute and that is God be he buddhist , catholic, jewish , or whatever. By the way I am not religious.While I do believe in God, I am not one of those guntoting Christians in case you were going to go down the stereotyping path.

You will probably say that I can't prove there is a God.I will say that you can't prove there isn't. I am just trying to avoid the boring talking in circles.

i got that...i was just trying to get your point of view...point taken...thanks for sharing...

>>> who decides what is truth and what is not?
                      @Pisean good question. i think,  rite or wrong/ truth or lie decided by society.
                      suppose no. of society members do a job that u think isn't rite but they think they r going rite.

am I right?

13. sdy53 profile image61
      sdy53posted 13 years ago

So you do posit that God is beyond our comprehension and therefore understand why many people do not believe in the existence of God?

14. sdy53 profile image61
      sdy53posted 13 years ago

Do you mean in every human brain? If so, was he on a lunch break when that kid went crazy in Tucson or when Timothy McVeigh decimated the federal building in OKC?

point ...may be HE was dead as far as that kid was concerned...

15. jay_kumar_07 profile image60

GOD exist in human Blood.
      After death God and Blood disappear from the body.

The life is in the blood, not God.  When the body dies, the blood in a sense disappears, yes.  But God still exists.  He is pure consciousness, not blood.  Jesus is considered the lifeblood of believers, I think.  When Christians take the symbolic 'host' they are taking the body of Christ, the wine is the symbolic blood of Christ.  But it is all symbolism.

symbolism...some might say even god is symbolism...

1. Cagsil profile image70
            Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'd say "god" in Jesus' teaching is a metaphor more so than a symbol, but could be seen as a symbol with a certain amount of ignorance.

The metaphor itself is about self mastery. To be a god in one's own life. smile

2. Castlepaloma profile image76
        Castlepalomaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

jay

Talk to me on your Thread

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)