Soul Provider

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (38 posts)
  1. A.Villarasa profile image60
    A.Villarasaposted 11 years ago

Silent lucidity,
    Lucid tranquility,
    Tranquil luminousity,
    Luminous levity.

These are what the  soul provides us,  Homo Sapiens,  on our way from a star gazing to a star trekking specie.

1. gmwilliams profile image82
      gmwilliamsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Beautiful poem, I love it immensely.

A.Villarasaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

If humans are stripped down to their barest animalistic predisposition, then I suppose atheists have a basis for saying that humans do not have a soul. But humans are never the total sum of their individual material parts. There is more to us than meet the eyes, and that something is our soul.

2. A Troubled Man profile image59
      A Troubled Manposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And, we can achieve that goal of "star trekking" without the need of education, knowledge, understanding and technological advancements? The soul will provide us with everything we need?

@TM:
        Not everything.... just the necessary predisposition, intuition, instinct to discover and create and explore. Education, knowledge, understanding, and technology are part ans parcel of that predispotion. But without the human soul would humans have the temerity and perspicacity to perceptualize and conceptualize? I don't think so.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59

Yes, humans use something called a brain for exactly those purposes.

@TM:
            Oh yes.. the brain. BTW our closest genetic kin, the Bonobo chimps, have brains too, that when examined macroscopically and microscopically  are not too dissimilar  to  yours and mine. But I don't see the Bonobos building a civilization, conceptualizing about the nature of the universe and  their place in it, and  discovering  the ideas/creating the tools that  would serve him in good stead on his way to becoming an extra-terrestrial specie.

I posit that what separates us humans from the rest of God's  creation is the human soul, an entity that is not subject to clinical inspection and or scientific testing.

1. A Troubled Man profile image59

So what? Do you have a point? All you have managed to accomplish with that comment is demonstrate a severe lack of knowledge and understanding of evolution and brains.

Posit souls all you want, they have never been shown to exist, hence you can posit a leprechaun riding a unicorn as being equally valid. And, you can claim to KNOW that your God is not subject to inspection or testing, showing only to well you are compelled to lie about any characteristics your God might exhibit, based on your own logic.

@TM

So tell me more about evolution and brains. I am more than willing to lend you my ear.

2. Mark Knowles profile image60
          Mark Knowlesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Instinct? Sounds like evolution talk to me. There is no "god" in evolution. Maybe you are starting to get it after all? wink

@MK:

If by evolution you mean adapting to and  surviving  existence's viscisitudes, then their  Instinct and intuition did serve humans quite well.
            If by evolution you mean, the creative process with which  man was molded and imparted with a soul... then God had a lot to do with that one.

From my perspective it is you who should really get it after all.

1. Mark Knowles profile image60

Sorry you don't understand. Just say "goddunit," again. Although - I take it you have some evidence of your god interfering in evolution? Molded. Imparted. At least your grandiose verbosity is reducticating.

@MK:

Talk about grandiose verbosity... what about reducticating?

Talk about  photo grandiosity... what about using a painting of a saint as his avatar?... or did I just miss your misplaced sense of the Ironic.

1. Mark Knowles profile image60

Misplaced? How so? Don't know who this is huh? It seems your nescience is unparallelled and not limited to evolutionary biology.

I keep dis-remembering that you believers lack the irony gene. Assail the unbelievers - that should help. Remember to use the biggerest words you can find. wink

MK:
                    Hey Mark... using the Nazarene's visage as your avatar took quite a bit of chutzpah. Ironic, but  temerity nonetheless. In some quarters you could be tried for blasphemy.Now what would really be blasphemous but gutsy nonetheless  is for you to use the visage of the prophet Mohammad as your avatar. But I doubt you have enough guts to put on  a stunt like that. On HubPages nonetheless.

2. getitrite profile image71
    getitriteposted 11 years ago

Has this "soul" been found to exist?  Please send link.  Thanks

@getitrite:
      You might try this link: GodinHeaven.com.
      The link has a very strict criteria though ... you must believe in the existence of the human soul  first before you could access the link.

1. getitrite profile image71
        getitriteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's downright absurd!!!???  http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k286/mrommyan/emoticon/shocked.png    You are basically saying that before I am presented with the evidence to form a conclusion, I am to already HAVE a conclusion. 

I'm not looking for "facts" to corroborate a fraudulent conclusion, I'm looking for real irrefutable evidence for a SOUL. 

Stop trying to dupe me, please...and show me a link which shows irrefutable, scientific evidence for a SOUL.

If you can't do that, then the honorable think to do would be to retract any misleading, fraudulent information you have posted...because someone less inclined to critical thinking could be conned by this blatant deception.

@getitrite:

So sorry that my  throw of a playful un-factuality missed you by a mile. But then I suppose when an aburdity ie. "...show me a link which shows irrefutable, scientific evidence for a soul",  is thrown at me, I throw it right back i.e " GodinHeaven.com"

OK?   The dishonesty continues, I see.  Not surprising.  Do you see why I'm not a believer?  I refuse to stoop to this level of immorality. 

Of course you have already convinced yourself that a "soul" exists, and that's all the "scientific evidence"  you need.  Perplexing!

@getitrite:
              You  putting the onus on me for you being an atheist, is just not what I would expect of someone who is hubristic enough to deny the existence of a Being much higher that he is. No matter how scientifically non-perplexing that is.

In other words, you have no evidence for a soul.  I understand. Thanks.

@getitrite:

Sorry (again?) to disappoint you, but if you are looking for a physical evidence of the existence of the soul then good luck with that... unless of course if you don't consider your existence on earth evidence enough that a soul exist because YOU have a soul.... literally and metaphorically.

My existence on earth is no evidence of a soul, whatsoever.  That is only whimsical conjecture...which any young child could formulate.  You have no evidence for a soul, but you go right on posturing as if you do.  Just admit that you have no evidence, and, therefore that your belief is based in willful ignorance, and wishful thinking...AS YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE.  Is superstitious nonsense this difficult to relinquish?

Then I want you to, LITERALLY, prove that:

1)  A "soul" exists. 
                    2)  I possess a "soul"

I'm not interested in metaphorically, since that is irrelevant.

3. JMcFarland profile image68
    JMcFarlandposted 11 years ago

I'll start as soon as you read a couple of my suggestions as well.

@JM:
      I'll take the bait...so what would you want me to read... one book at a time please.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)