The Essence of the Soul is both Masculine and Feminine.

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (225 posts)
  1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 10 years ago

However, in the man, the soul's feminine essence is hidden or downplayed. In the woman, the masculine essence is hidden or downplayed.

We benefit in marriage through experiencing the essence which manifests predominantly in our partners. In this way marriage helps us get in touch with the deeper essence of ourselves and promotes spiritual evolution.

These ideas proved to be very controversial in another forum discussion, much to my surprise! It makes sense to me that God must be both male and female, negative / positive, yin / yang. If we were made in his image, we too must be male / female, etc. Unless one happens to believe that God is only Father, Positive, Yang. Why do we attribute nature to the feminine force of Mother? Why not Father Nature?

These ideas are taken esoteric teachings and considered to be truth.  I throw them out for discussion purposes only... not to insult anyone for any reason!

Kathryn L Hillposted 10 years agoin reply to this

"I am not sexually attracted to the same sex. it is a revulsion to those who are straight. This is a fact of life."

"Perhaps you were a male in your last life.
      Perhaps you are in touch with your hidden masculinity in this life."

"You do not agree that you are in touch with the masculine side of your soul? It is logical to me that the masculine can only be attracted to the feminine, sexually."

These are the quotes  from what I wrote which were not understood in the other forum. I would like to know if these statements or viewpoints are offensive in light of the point of this post.

This was MY reply:
        "My view-point is that I believe in God, but that God has a blueprint which is deeper than we generally comprehend. We are each one of us male and female! It actually explains how some people can be homosexual! You have been jumping to erroneous conclusions!"

- who else thinks I owe an apology? to whom?
        and why?

2. profile image0
        Deepes Mindposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Your first two quotes can be viewed as being offensive (though unintentionally so) with your first statement, you basically said that just because someone loves the same sex that they are a cause for revulsion. As if this one thing makes them the most disgusting person

Your second comment was made to a lesbian that she loves women because she used to be a man.

I think that your statement was innocent in nature (more or less). You just didn't take into account how it may look to another person because you knew what you meant. Think about the other forum you created. You meant well, but you accidentally used an offensive term and i illustrated how it could be taken. You eventually apologized for your lack of understanding of the term. This is somewhat similar.

Kathryn: "I am not sexually attracted to the same sex. it is a revulsion to those who are straight. This is a fact of life."

"It" refers to same-sex attraction. "It" does not refer to people or any one in particular.
          Obviously, referring to "it" is confusing sometimes. Quite often "IT" needs to be identified and clarified.

1. Kathryn: "Perhaps you were a male in your last life.
          Perhaps you are in touch with your hidden masculinity in this life."
                                                       vs
          2. Deepes Mind: "Your second comment was made to a lesbian that she loves women because she used to be a man."

(Actually the comment was not made to a lesbian at all. The "lesbian" you refer to actually claims to be bisexual and even mentioned being a hermaphrodite.)

The second is an inaccurate translation of the first.

1. profile image0

It was not meant to be a translation. The term "Perhaps" carries an implication of meaning.

The issue here isn't intent nor even implication nor a translation.  What the issue is that you attempted to offer an explanation of something you admitted that you did not understand to a person that lives the life you are speaking of. That's like me trying to offer an explanation of
            periods. I do not understand everything or anything so why offer an explanation of what one feels like?

- why did she take it personally? not being objective is where the problem lies.
              "Perhaps" means: There exists a "possibility" that someone who is female in this lifetime would feel an attraction for an individual of the same sex because the female in question is still identified with being a man … which are inclinations left over from a lifetime of being a man. How is this insulting?

1. profile image0

Well, you would have to ask her that directly. I don't totally wish to speak for her and her reasons. What I am trying to do is point out how it is possible that your statements can offend. From the outside looking in as well as from seeing it myself, telling a homosexual that they are more of the opposite gender does offend because it implies a lack of general masculinity or feminity depending on who you are addressing.

- telling a gay person he is feminine is insulting?  Telling a lesbian person she is in touch with her masculine is offensive?  I understand that these conclusions are completely WRONG, but that is the nature of exploring possibilities. So they are not in touch with their opposite natures.  I am all eyes if my concept is wrong. 

But as I said, I am trying to understand homosexuality.  I have to live with it… and I can accept it through understanding it. I mentioned cutting some of us heterosexuals some slack because we really don't get homosexuality. It is not logical to me.
                  No, I am not asking to be hated.
                  How can I accept what I do not understand?
                  This is my weakness... just mine.

1. EncephaloiDead profile image53
                    EncephaloiDeadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If you are sincere about that, then you should probably release yourself from magical thinking and being intolerant. Only then, will you begin to understand homosexuality.

2. profile image0

The best way to gain understanding of homosexuality is to ask a homosexual. But that's just asking questions. It isn't always polite to make a statement on something that you do not understand. It is offensive because it introduces preconceived notions

2. JMcFarland profile image69
            JMcFarlandposted 10 years agoin reply to this

No,  the comment was made to me,  and I am a lesbian.  Re-read your posts.

OKAY I AM Sorry I mentioned anything about  m a s c u l i n i t y  to YOU!
              Yikes.

1. JMcFarland profile image69

All I did was clarify who the post was to.   That's all.  Didn't say anything about you or anything demeaning, so why the defensiveness?

Listen,  you yourself said that you didn't understand homosexuality.  If you're ignorant about something self admittedly,  maybe you shouldn't make assumptions or assertions about it to people that do know about it.   Ignorance is no excuse for just saying whatever you want without regards to the consequences of your statements.

I am an anonymous person posting ideas for discussion. If you take offense, that is your OWN doing.
                  But like I said, I'm in the box now. I won't do any more damaging.

1. JMcFarland profile image69

Sure.   Blame the people you insulted whether deliberately or not and refuse to accept the responsibility for your own comments.   

I wasn't offended by your statement.   In order to be offended by something,  it has to mean something to you.  But hiding behind the banner of ignorance and blame when called out on posts is not the mature way to communicate.

3. profile image0
            Rad Manposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm straight and I don't find it a revulsion, so it's not a fact. Please don't speak for all straight people. You're making us look bad.

Note: Not all straight people are like this.

so, go for it!

1. profile image0

Go for what? Oh I get it, you're thinking I should have a sexual encounter with another male if I don't find it revulsive.

Sorry, I'm simply not attracted to men. See them naked all the time in change rooms and they do nothing for me. Do I care what to consenting adults do behind closed doors? Nope. You know Kathryn, they are people to.

Oh really?  I thought they were aliens!

1. profile image0

Oh, you believe in those to?

3. EncephaloiDead profile image53

But, it isn't a fact of life, not at all. I am not repulsed by anyone who is attracted to the same sex, neither are a great deal of people who are straight. It may be a fact of life for you personally, but that would show you are not tolerant of others.

This is just invoking magical thinking in a real life scenario, so it is a meaningless statement.

Unless you can show studies that support your argument, that too is a meaningless statement.

That too invokes magical thinking, it is another meaningless statement.

Again, that would be YOUR personal idea, but it is not shared by a great deal of people, nor is it logical.

They certainly can be taken offensively, especially due to the fact they are ideas that are not shared by many people and the fact you invoke magical thinking into real life scenarios. As well, you show an intolerance to others, which most certainly is offensive.

Each to their own way of thinking.  Thank you for explaining your way as good food for thought.

1. profile image0

Good point, but if you don't mean any offense when someone takes offense, the courteous thing to do is to clarify your position and apologize for the insult and stress that it was unintentional. It is not an admission that your opinion is wrong, just an acknowledgement that you may have offended and an apology for confusion

Listen, you can expect me to apologize for whatever offense you think I launched… But I have already apologized for even mentioning such a preconceived notion as "past lives".
              Thats about it.

1. profile image0

On the contrary. I have no expectations of you whatsoever. You asked a question, I answered. What you do after that is on you. You don't have to apologize for anything you don't want to, especially if you don't think you did anything wrong. All I was saying that it helps for more productive conversation. Merely my opinion. That's all

You value a productive conversation and I value finding the truth of the matter. I have found the truth thanks to your input.  I am very grateful. Thanks again.

1. profile image0

I value the truth being found in as productive a manner as possible. Makes things easier and less stressful. Valuing finding truth is good but there are ways of finding it without causing a lot of damage

2. EncephaloiDead profile image53

You're welcome. But, I would have to ask if your way of thinking includes magical thinking and an intolerance of others? That is certainly how you are presenting yourself in this thread, which is why some people are finding if offensive. I think you are finding you are quite alone in your way of thinking.

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

It is up for question whether we change sexual orientation from one life time to the next. I prefer to think we do. Others say definitely not.

Yes, we have past lives. That we do not remember them is a good thing, so lets just drop it.
    Thank you, Deepes for your willingness to pursue this topic of discussion. As you say, I did not INTEND to ruffle feathers! I will not apologize for anything except for bringing up past lives.  There is a reason we have forgotten them:
    So that we can move on and embrace Life however we see fit.

finis.

3. MelissaBarrett profile image58
    MelissaBarrettposted 10 years ago

There sure is a lot of noise coming from that box.

Someone should seal it up. A wide open box always gets one in trouble.

1. profile image0

Go back and tell that to Pandora

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

The essence of the soul is both feminine and masculine.
    However, in the man, the soul's feminine essence is hidden or downplayed. In the woman, the masculine essence is hidden or downplayed.

We benefit in marriage through experiencing the essence which manifests predominantly in our partners. In this way marriage helps us get in touch with the deeper essence of ourselves and promotes spiritual evolution.

This is the topic of discussion

1. profile image0

Sorry. Was confused by the topic because you started asking questions about insulting people and if your remarks were offensive. You posted the topic then strayed from it. We simply followed the lead of the forum creator.

2. profile image0

Genetically speaking you are out to lunch.

Would you like me to explain how the x and y chromosomes form the sexes? Perhaps instead you could just google it.

3. profile image0

Now on your topic, the soul has no specific gender, in my opinion. The function of the soul is simply to animate the body. It is the spark that gives us life. Masculinity and femininity are determined by the chromosomes provided at conception.

Been pouring over my biology books, but still haven't found any organ/muscle/bone/tissue/etc. that would explain that "spark".

Could you provide a link or reference to any medical or biological paper discussing that as-yet-discovered "spark"? Would really be interested in reading about it. Thanks.

1. profile image0

Interesting that you picked only part of my comment while omitting the part where I said "in my opinion". Unlike others, I do not present everything I say as fact unless I can back it up. I stated an opinion of what a soul essentially does. This is assuming a soul exists of course

Cherry picking is frowned upon because it changes the tone of the original post(so I've been told)

You said that in regards to gender, the soul was not specific and then want on to talk about the souls function as being the 'spark' that gives us life.

I don't see any reason why I can't ask you about how you know this, considering it isn't in any books regarding life and other functions of the body. I don't think that's cherry picking at all, it's just focusing on one particular and very extraordinary claim, nor does it change the tone of your post at all.

Assuming a soul exists, how can you even comment on it's function when that is not any books, either?

It seem rather incredulous folks talk about these things as if they are true, yet when questioned, they get all uppity.

1. profile image0

Not getting uppity at all. The statement made was of opinion, not knowledge. Your focus on that statement without including the fact that I said it was an opinion changes the tone to one of a claim of actual knowledge. I never claimed knowledge that this is actually the case. This is the same as my stated belief in God. I don't know for sure and will be okay if I am wrong. This is why it's called opinion and belief. No evidence necessary, especially when one has the understanding that they could be wrong

One can't form an opinion without some knowledge. You need knowledge to know about the soul, you need knowledge to form the opinion that is the spark of life. These require some knowledge. If you knew you were wrong, you wouldn't have made the opinion in the first place, so I can only assume you think you're right.

1. profile image0

Where does it say knowledge is required to form an opinion? How often have you formulated an opinion of someone or something without knowledge? You have formulated opinions of posters here without actual knowledge of them personally. The scientific method starts out with an opinion that is then tested for accuracy. No prior knowledge. The world was once thought to be flat but nobody knew for sure until someone set out to test the theory that it was round. Now of course these last two statements are made under the assumption that my history and science teachers were not lying to me to push another agenda

There has to be knowledge, even though the opinion formed may not be certain.

Never.

My opinions are formed entirely on their words, which is knowledge.

That is not true, there MUST be knowledge do when using the scientific method, that is the point entirely to using it.

It was assumed to be flat based on the knowledge of looking at the surface from a small reference frame.

I doubt they were, but they did impart on you knowledge.

4. EncephaloiDead profile image53

Based entirely on what you just said, it doesn't matter in the least if those partners are same sex or not. They could be two hermaphrodites for all that matters.

5. MelissaBarrett profile image58
      MelissaBarrettposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I benefit because my husband is intelligent, funny and caring. None of these are masculine or feminine traits. Most of my relationships have been with people with those exact traits, whether they had innies or outies.

In fact, the only purely masculine trait I can think of is the ability to pee standing up without ending up in a puddle. And from my various travels through the deep dark underbelly of the internet, even that isn't a purely male trait.

I'd be curious as to what you think are masculine and feminine traits. That shouldn't be offensive at all.

- oh, we are actually neuter? and we get x and y chromosomes as luck of the draw?
        No, we, as spirit, tend to manifest as either masculine or feminine and choose our genetic configuration of traits and gender. Who forms us from the genetic material we have at our disposal beginning at entry into the fertilized egg. We ourselves.

1. Zelkiiro profile image89
          Zelkiiroposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Not necessarily, but one's gender doesn't guarantee their sexual identity will automatically align. It all hinges on the levels of testosterone and estrogen present during their gestation. You can even see the effects of this by looking at your index and ring fingers (a.k.a. the Digit Ratio Theory).

Straight men and lesbian women tend to have longer ring fingers, due to the high amount of testosterone they were exposed to. Likewise, gay men and straight women tend to have ring and index fingers of equal length, indicating a high amount of exposure to estrogen. There are exceptions, of course, but most of the time, it's an easy way to tell which hormone you've gotten most of.

- very interesting, but this is not really a discussion about the chemical make up of homosexuals and heterosexuals.
            It is a discussion about each soul having the capabilities and sensitivities of both genders. It is best for each soul to be in touch with it's hidden aspects.

Yet, another believer talking about the apparent traits and characteristics of a soul as if they are privy to some special information the rest of the world is not.

The rest of humanity is not privy to knowledge of their own selves?

Yes, they are, many books have been written about humans and what makes them work, the soul isn't one of them. I can only assume you're just making it up as you go along?

You do not perceive you own self as soul?

2. psycheskinner profile image83
                  psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Much of humanity is privy to themselves as flesh and blood persons only.

2. MelissaBarrett profile image58

A penis or a vagina isn't an "essence". It provides no personally traits. It just means you have a penis or a vagina. Not really need for a conversation about it. It's not "spiritual." It's an appendage or an orifice. It provides no spirituality.

Personality traits are indeed neutral (or neuter). Unless you in your wisdom can name one that isn't?

I don't know about you, but once the egg was fertilized, I was formed by cell division in my mother's uterus. The thing that you call spirit, which I assume is you trying to be mystical, is simply my intelligence and personality. That started forming once cell division produced a brain and that brain began working properly .

No. You existed as spirit before entering the fertilized egg. Once you have entered the body you "order" the traits and gender that best suits who you are, (according to who you have become, personality wise, through many incarnations.)

1. MelissaBarrett profile image58

Really?

Good to know.

You realize that entire post was absolute tripe, right?

I know you're trying to be zen, but you are even failing at that. Buddhism and Hinduism are great religions.

You have just described the reincarnation beliefs of neither of them.

I realize that the whole post is nonsense to those who can't perceive the astral plane. I accept that we have no knowledge of the astral plane for a reason, just as we can't remember the earth plane once we have died. Can you imagine how it would be if we could remember existing in a heavenly place of no gravity, beautiful colors, no sex, no marriage and be able to come here and compare that existence to THIS one?

ROFLMAO.

I understand the concept of an astral plane dear.

I'm just amused you're using your own version of it to create a waiting queue for a bespoke soul depot.

2. profile image0

But you can?

Right.

How do these souls multiply again?

How do souls come into existence? By jumping into the egg the second it is fertilized. (At the moment of conception, a spark is set off in the astral world. The strongest most determined soul makes it in.  Many souls are ready and waiting for bodies. Some were recently rejected.)

3. EncephaloiDead profile image53

And, you do perceive the astral plane?

Thorazine

No, but there are are those who do. Jesus was one. And yes Jesus was trying to push an agenda...but only to those with "ears to hear."
                    I take this to mean *willingness to listen.*

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Jesus speaks of the astral plane. But only as teensy hints.  Basically, "In my Fathers house are many mansions."  Paraphrasing: "In heaven there is no marriage." Referring to His and John's past lifetimes as "Elisha and Elijah."

3. profile image0

I don't believe you answer my question regarding the ever increasing number of spirits needed. With the ever increasing human population do the spirits multiply as well?

She apparently believes in the Burger King method of reincarnation.

Each soul made YOUR way.

5. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

God imagined himself to be a separate part of his whole omnipresent existence which always was and always will be. He, at some point, created each soul as a little drop of spirit in the ocean of Spirit. In other words, He individualized himself and gave that individual bit of Himself free will. Its the result of that free will that issues forth "personality," including characteristics, attachments, likes, dislikes, gender preference, etc." identifying with that set of personality traits, some call it the over soul, some call it the ego, is the result of forgetting that we are essentially soul.

Really. How does one individualize oneself to give oneself free will if one doesn't have that free will yet?

Where is this ocean of spirit?

How do the drops of spirit-who have no form or soul or thought yet-decide and communicate their desired traits to God?

And how are they hovering close to earth to decide which parents?

And how can they evolve AND choose their traits?

Why does karma matter if you can choose your next life?

It is all up to the individualized spirit to choose, to decide, to act.
        we go out and we go in.  In the twinkling of an eye we can return to God if we choose to… with body, mind and soul.

How does one individualize oneself to give oneself free will if one doesn't have that free will yet?

Where is this ocean of spirit?

How do the drops of spirit-who have no form or soul or thought yet-decide and communicate their desired traits to God?

And how are they hovering close to earth to decide which parents?

And how can they evolve AND choose their traits?

Why does karma matter if you can choose your next life?

I'm afraid you didn't answer any of these questions.

Some say the soul starts as a rock and evolves to a plant, and then on to higher life forms. Finally after millions of incarnations it evolves to the point of being human. Some say being a cat is the last lifetime existing as an animal. And cats do demand a lot of free will.

2. profile image0

Right so all other animals have a spirit as well then?

In the religions that she's currently butchering, yes.

yes, with less free-will.

Why would a soul choose to be an animal with less free-will?

And once again, who rejects these souls?

1. profile image0

It's like reading the Golden Compass series. A whole bunch of WTF moments. Only I understood that the author was just making stuff up for entertainment. But with this one I'm not sure.

2. profile image0

Sorry free will or decision making is based on brain chemistry. An Alzheimer's patient looses the ability to make decisions. It has nothing to do you souls and neither does what makes us males or females.

6. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

I am not butchering all other religions. I am explaining all other religions. All religions are based on everything I have mentioned. They just misinterpret with limited understanding.

BTW Abortions send the soul back to the astral realm. That is the rejection I refer to.

1. profile image0

Ha ha ha ha. But you have a superior understanding. Did you know that the Mormons think that they need a secret handshake to get into heaven and Joseph Smih will be sitting beside God as a God checking the handshakes? How does that fit in?

- all religions are based on spiritual truths, or should be.

Then what is the purpose of Karma?

It's there for a reason.

If you get to pick, then what does Karma matter?

And if we get to pick, then why would a soul choose to be born to an abuse alcoholic mother?

Why would a rejected soul pick someone they knew was going to abort them?

Come on Kathryn, you aren't answering any of my questions. Why aren't you answering them? You've got quite a backlog you haven't addressed.

...too many at once.
        Karma: result of cause and effect. Sometimes the effect of what we do in this life time will not take effect until the next. We learn by experiencing the effects of what we have caused. A child born to an alcoholic mother might have been an alcoholic parent in his / her past life.

Q."Why would a rejected soul pick someone they knew was going to abort them?"
        A.The flash occurs and there is a chance to live on earth… they take that chance!

7. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

This is accurate understanding as opposed to inaccurate understanding.
    ...not superior.

1. profile image0

Accurate is superior to inaccurate. Further you have no idea if it's accurate.

8. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

There are limitations to free will on the earth plane of course.  However, animals are led by instincts. We are not.

We're not led by instincts?

Then why do we startle when there is a loud noise? Why do we blink when something is coming at our face.

My personal favorite... why does my milk drop when I hear OTHER people's children crying?

And furthermore, how do you know animals are lead by instinct? Do you have privy to their thought process? Were you an ocelot in a former life and remember?

2. profile image0

Humans are also lead by instinct. We can even teach a dog to make decisions that are against his instinct.

I can through a steak on the ground and tell my dog to leave it and he will. Throw a game console in a room with a kid and tell him not to touch it and then come back in an hour...

Logically, a wolf has an instinct to obey the alpha-wolf in the pack. For a domesticated dog, he follows you, his master, as the alpha dog.

It seems: Humans have the instinct to listen to Father, God. They also have a choice not to follow that instinct.

It stands to reason: We have built-in processes for survival.

Facts:
        *We have free will to guide ourselves after the age of 15. (Depending on the parents.)
        *It takes about 15 years to develop enough ability and knowledge to guide our own wills.
        *The first six years of life is nature at work. Nature, (in conjunction with the soul's interactions with the environment) forms the psyche. It is during these early years from 0 to 15 yrs. that one learns to guide one's own will.
        *Will-power, won't-power and free-will are three different things.

The only flaw in your argument is that wolves, dogs and people are real.

I would agree that some dogs have more free-will than some people.

It ain't the dogs following people around picking up their crap. wink

- darn little tyrants.

2. profile image0

Who does the alpha-wolf obey?

It stands to reason that Nature has endowed the alpha-wolf with superior survival capabilities. So the answer is: Nature.

1. wilderness profile image94
              wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Not nearly as what Nature has endowed mankind with.  Man should thus obey nature as well - a return to paganism seems in order where we can all worship trees, rocks, mountains and the sun instead of a make believe god somewhere in a make believe spirit world.

Oh Dear God, don't throw paganism in here too.

We've already got Christianity, Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism and Crazy. The problem is trying to stitch conflicting concepts together to have it mesh which results in even more nonsense than usual.

But I like paganism.  Worshiping something you can actually see, that really does affect your life makes so much more sense.

I'm actually pretty fond of paganism as well to be honest.

I was a practicing Wiccan for years before I converted to Christianity. I still incorporate a lot of the rituals/thought processes into my faith.

That's a conversation for another thread though.

Rocks are cool.

Absolutely.  We really need to forget all this mumbo-jumbo about a spirit world, sparks and invisible gods - go with what we can see and what we can know affects our lives.

And rocks are neither male or female.  Thats the coolest thing about rocks.

2. profile image0

Right, so dogs and wolves like us can choose to follow or not. The other dogs in the pack choose to follow the pack leader or not. Dogs unlike humans will not follow a irate leader. Most large cats follow no one as do most bears. They don't need a leader and don't need to be told what to do.

9. profile image58
    Pix Hatterposted 10 years ago

Hi Kathryn,

Basically, there are two types of energies, and the sum of them is god. One is Static the other one is dynamic. Static energy rests in man, and the dynamic one nests in women. This is god's game. When both these energies unite then there is creation. See analytically: man is the cause but woman fosters the baby. So, man has no change (static), woman's change is visible (Dynamic).

Thus, I conclude. God has created two different kinds of natures (mentalities, traits...), one in female body the other one in male body. Both  together can play, create and make the world beautiful. God watches....

However, we the human race do not care for this simple natural truth often -- in many societies. That is why so much fighting worldwide....

@ Pix: Thank you for your contribution here!

The woman would be static or yin and the man would be dynamic or yang in my view which is based on Eastern philosophy.

For instance, the egg produced by the female passively receives the dynamic sperm which is produced by the male.

What is your definition of static / dynamic?

Dictionary:
      static |ˈstatik|
      adjective
      1 lacking in movement, action, or change...
      2 Physics concerned with bodies at rest or forces in equilibrium. Often contrasted with dynamic.
      • (of an electric charge) having gathered on or in an object that cannot conduct a current.
      • acting as weight but not moving.
      • of statics.

Dictionary
      dynamic
      adjective
      he was eclipsed by his more dynamic colleagues: energetic, spirited, active, lively, zestful, vital, vigorous, forceful, powerful, positive; high-powered, aggressive, bold, enterprising; magnetic, passionate, fiery, high-octane; informal go-getting, peppy, full of get-up-and-go, full of vim and vigor, gutsy, spunky, feisty, go-ahead. ANTONYMS halfhearted.

Maybe you had it backwards.

1. profile image58
        Pix Hatterposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Kathryn,

I replied in a big way, but I do not know why that is not appearing here.

In short, in India, the belief goes, the creator is passive, inactive, indifferent, so (Give search "idol of goddess KALI" in Google) male is the hidden part of energy and female is the manifestation.

If you see the image of Indian goddess Kali, Kali (the female) is in action. But the male energy (Lord Siva) is inactive, lying indifferent below the feet of goddess Kali.

So, any manifestation (Work/Visible Outputor Outcome) is the female part of the god. Anything behind the scene is the male part of the god. Both together make the world. That is how the concept of ARDHANAREESHWAR has come of age.

Regards.

Yes, I have heard that God is Yang and the rest of creation is Yin.

10. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

- acid is yin in nature: negative.
    - alkaline is yang: positive

As defined by ...??

Because for sure there is nothing intrinsically "yinny" about acid or "yangy" about bases.

as defined by "Taoist principles of the balance of yin and yang."

Gotcha.  I wonder if the Taoists making that definition call understood the difference chemically between an acid and a base.

Actually, I don't wonder; those definitions seem to have been made long before such information was available.

Millions of Taoists just rolled over in their graves.

*gasp*  You wouldn't show this thread to a real Taoist!  Would you?

Not for all the incense in the world.

Please go on Kathryn... I think there's still a few religions that you haven't completely misinterpreted.

You want to give Rastafarianism a go next?

1. profile image0

Ya mon. sorry that was my best Rasta accent. Wait, hows this. Hhhhhhhhh, ya mon.smile

I have it on the very best knowledge that it is impossible to make the "h" sound while inhaling deeply. So you're way off. wink

1. profile image0

It's the sound I remember… ah, no wait, it's the sound I remember hearing others make. yes that it.

Kensington Market?

1. profile image0

Yea baby, last time you said Kensington square, so I let it go.
                    https://www.google.ca/maps/preview#!q=K … -79.400625

2. profile image0

Your rastafarian accent was way worse than my Italian one...LOL

Deepes, don't be a hoser, eh? White Cannuks do a mean Rastafarian accent.

You need proof?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUmIiWLoEuo

(And in one fell swoop, I've both dated myself and told you WAY too much about what kind of teenager I was)

1. profile image0

LOL.... No comment

2. profile image0

Back in the day I used go to and watch The Satellites every weekend. Reggae in TO.

11. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

According to Macrobiotics:
    Yin is expansion, Yang is contraction.
    Yin is inertia, Yang is energy.
    They are expressions of natural law.

Fruits are yin, Root vegetables are yang.
    Sugar is yin, Salt is yang.

12. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

I'm wondering if in stars helium is expansive and therefore Yin and Hydrogen is contracting and therefore Yang. What force is creating  gravity in stars?

At temperatures above 4 degrees K, Helium is indeed expansive, expanding to fill whatever container it is in.

The same is true for Hydrogen, however, except that the minimum temperature is a little higher. 

The same force creates gravity in stars as in any other mass.  The attraction of one mass for another; no one knows the intimate details of how or why gravity works.

ohhh… interesting!

2. profile image0

The fabric of space-time. They are all connected, space, time and gravity.

2. profile image0

Oh no, are you now about to butcher the gravity as well? Einstein was the first to properly explain what gravity is. He managed without your Yin and Yang. The best way to illustrate gravity is to imagine the sun lying on fabric. It stretches the fabric because of it's mass and anything else on the fabric (planets) rush towards the sun much like placing a bowling ball on a soft bed and placing a golf ball a few inches away. The golf ball rushes towards the bowling ball.

Why do you have to put me down?  I am merely sharing information, asking questions and coming to logical conclusions regarding the forces of Yin and Yang and how they manifest in nature. These manifestations are based on ancient Eastern philosophy and wisdom. I am not making any of this up out of my imagination. I think contemplating these opposing forces and analyzing how they balance answers many questions.

1. profile image0

Sorry, I'm not meaning to put you down, but your attempt at inserting positive and negative into everything is just plane silly. If you want to study gravity then study gravity, don't invent a bunch of nonsense that you think explains gravity better then Einstein.

Tell that to of centuries worth of valid belief regarding the very real properties of masculine and feminine forces in the universe. If more people were on these apparently little teensy weensy HP forums, they would come on and tell you how silly it is not to regard the philospy of Yin and Yang seriously and respectfully.

"In Chinese philosophy, the concept of yin-yang (simplified Chinese: 阴阳; traditional Chinese: 陰陽; pinyin: yīnyáng), which is often called "yin and yang", is used to describe how seemingly opposite or contrary forces are interconnected and interdependent in the natural world; and, how they give rise to each other as they interrelate to one another. Many natural dualities (such as light and dark, high and low, hot and cold, fire and water, life and dealow, hot and cold, fire and water, life and death, and so on) are thought of as physical manifestations of the yin-yang concept. The concept lies at the origins of many branches of classical Chinese science and philosophy, as well as being a primary guideline of traditional Chinese medicine, and a central principle of different forms of Chinese martial arts and exercise, such as baguazhang, taijiquan (t'ai chi), and qigong (Chi Kusuch as baguazhang, taijiquan (t'ai chi), and qigong (Chi Kung) and of course I Ching."

Sorry, filling a post with meaningless buzz words and ancient philosophy does not make it more valuable.

There IS no masculine or feminine "force".  There IS no Yin or Yang force.  "Contrary forces" do NOT include high and low, hot and cold fire and water, etc. as NONE of those things are forces.

In addition, such terms as are completely relative (high/low, hot/cold/, light/dark, etc.) cannot be considered to be opposite or contrary.  Only absolutes can.

That these concepts lie at the origins of chinese philosophy (not science) means exactly nothing: few if any philosophies are useful in describing the universe around us.

2. profile image0

Oh no need to explain it philosophy to me because I live in the largest Chinese community outside China. 4 members of my family are black belts, some in more than one discipline.

Trying to use it to explain Gravity is silly and the sun is silly. You can go ahead however and use it to explain how you and your husband co-exist in perfect harmony because of the perfect balance between you two. Unlike Muslims and some Christians who view a household leader is necessary the philosophy of Yin and Yang does not.

I am referring to the essence of spirit and how it manifests. Thank you for your contribution.

1. profile image0

Right, no spirits have ever been shown to exist so how would you have any idea about how something that doesn't exist manifests itself?

You're just making stuff up.

If you do not agree with the premise why do you join in?

13. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

Pix:

So, focusing on God is a very Yang activity as it is Contracting with Energy toward one's center to Focus on God, (as the reality of our own essence.) Usually we are engaged in restless (Yin) activity which takes us away from our core quality which is Yang.

Concentration and focus are yang activities which are good to cultivate at any age.

14. Kathryn L Hill profile image77

It is silly to argue just for the sake of arguing. Silly. The highest good is that which is for the sake of it self and something else. To argue only for the sake or arguing is the lowest form of good.
    So why bother?

15. J - R - Fr13m9n profile image68
    J - R - Fr13m9nposted 10 years ago

I like the spiritual feeling this post radiates. Spiritual strikes me as individual and not couple. The late Stuart Wilde (Taoist lecturer and author) summed it up as "silent power" which changed his life from a businessman to a seeker of the Infinite Self. "We are all part of the God Force", he has stated in his recordings. In my closing I will add that being spiritual can improve a person's overall wellbeing.

1. profile image0

That's an opinion, unless you have evidence to back up your opinion.

1. J - R - Fr13m9n profile image68
        J - R - Fr13m9nposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Go to your library and reserve the CD's entitled, "Infinite Self 33 Steps to Reclaiming Your Inner Power" by Stuart Wilde. In his lifetime Mr. Wilde has believed in the teachings of the Tao ( ancient Chinese spirituality). This is challenging to prove so you must open your mind and practice its disciplines to seek out the world beyond this life. Can you prove if there is life after death? That is all I can tell you. PEACE.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)