Love thy enemies and the bad guys?

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (18 posts)
  1. Castlepaloma profile image76
    Castlepalomaposted 10 years ago

Every church I've visited, the pastor talks about loving your enemies and just about every Christian I've ever met talks about getting the bad guys. I have no enemies and think people are generally good. Really do not understand Christian on pro-life, death penalties, gays, guns and hundreds of  other BS and hypocrisy views . It makes us continuous fight each other, wail the greedy rich walk away with our money.

USA is most populated Christian country in the world with 5 times the prisons and 12 times per capita war budget than the average Country. Most inmates are jailed for growing the most important plant on earth, cannabis. The US treasury vaults gold has been stolen and replace with opium stolen from the poor. Who are these bad guys? What would Jesus say or what would very intelligent aliens say if the visit this planet and show USA is the best we got?.

Do you think or believe, is it a good Idea to cut the war budget and prison budget in half from leading Christian soldiers and give it toward to the education, health treatment and the natural environment budgets? Or is it a bad idea to be too green and too kind for the people. Can we do better than killing millions of species to extinction in the last century?

1. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 10 years agoin reply to this

First, I'm curious why you think the USA is the best we have?  Second, I doubt either Jesus or intelligent aliens couldn't help us all do a little better.

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have to wonder what makes him think Fort Knox has been filled with stolen opium.

1. profile image0

Well, it has to be full of something and the probability that it is gold is pretty slim.

1. wilderness profile image94
            wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have heard stories that there is no gold, but haven't a clue whether they are true or not. 

Stolen opium, though, seems a little far out.

1. profile image0

Yeh. It is far out. It will be interesting to hear his reply.

2. Castlepaloma profile image76
              Castlepalomaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Why have they tripled production of opium since the Americans arrived in poor countries
              Could it be opium is 60 million dollars a barrow , oil is only $80 a barrow and won't fit in the vaults as easy.

1. Chris Neal profile image77
                Chris Nealposted 10 years agoin reply to this

$60 million dollars a barrel? I knew it was expensive, but where did you get that figure?

It is well known that many rebel groups sell opium for the drug trade in order to finance their fights. In light of that, why would it necessarily be more logical that the opium would be stockpiled in an American military facility? And although I don't want to make any assumptions, you seem to be suggesting that America is buying opium from Afghanistan instead of oil. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I wasn't aware that Afghanistan actually produces oil. So that would be a false conclusion.

Yes, America does consume the most, but in what way does that make it 'the best?' Don't get me wrong, I'm patriotic, but if aliens actually came to Earth and were to interact with, say, Belgians or South Africans or Greeks, would they actually say, "Yeah, go look at the United States. That's the best we've got"?

And why is your initial question such an either/or? Why can't we be kinder to people even if we don't go greener?

2. Chris Neal profile image77

I wondered that myself.

I don't think it's kind to anyone to spend a trillion dollars going after and killing one man.
            It is well-documented that the U.S. government has – at least at some times in some parts of the world – protected drug operations. The U.S. military has openly said that it is protecting Afghan poppy fields: Big American banks also launder money for drug cartels. Afghan grows 75% of the world opium , and plans is ti increase it to 90%. It dose not take most of the militarily might of the world to kill off these plant, when profit is their main goal. You honestly think they care for poor.

check globalsearch.ca

1. Chris Neal profile image77

Did you mean 'globalresearch.ca'?

If you are expecting me to defend my country's actions under any circumstances, you haven't read enough of my stuff. But, at the same time, many of the blanketly anti-American interpretations of things aren't always accurate either. Do I really think the military cares for the poor? Yes, most of the time. But that doesn't mean that everything they did, no matter how well intentioned, was the right thing to do. A lot of it was short-sighted, or seen through the myopic tunnel-vision not uncommon to a rich country. And not, I don't think we've always cared for the poor.

The reason the military is protecting Afghan poppy fields is because, at US insistence, these farmers TRIED growing other crops and didn't make enough money to survive. I'm the first to say that it's not a perfect solution and yeah, it's a bit hypocritical. I'm not the biggest fan of pure pragmatism but sometimes, you really have to go with what works, if the alternative is a starving population that grows slowly more bitter toward you.

Yes, 'globalresearch.ca' oowsps

We are leaving Afghanistan after 12 years with nothing to show for it but trillions of dollars wasted and thousands of lives lost. Afghanistan is a devastated country with a weak, puppet government—and now we negotiate with those very people we fought for those 12 years, who are preparing to return to power! Still we learn nothing.

I'm not anti anything, just curious and question everything, especially the war of the Classes.  US with 4% of the world's population along with a war budget  of half of the total world's budget. Then we know it's about an offensive power and greed, not about helping the poor. If they were, they would be helping most of the countries in Centro Africa, unless they have oil.

Ron Paul stated 75% of the USA military plane are flying out the opium out of Afghanistan. Where to, Ft Knox? since nobody know what in those vaults, since 1960, where then?

2. Castlepaloma profile image76

Emile R
        Just ask American's what country is the best?, they do consume the most.
        I think Aliens have not arrived yet, since human have not found any living creatures from another planet. Can only imagine if alien did land here, by reason they would far more kinder and intelligent, not like the War of the worlds movies they keep sausage pumping out or like in the bronze age.

2. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 10 years ago

I see you have no takers to this thread! big_smile

Oh well, here goes.

I think you'd be shocked, beyond belief, how many (true) Christians you would find in the USA. I mean, as God sees them.

It's never helpful to associate the evils of a country, with the Christian banner flying on someone's mast, who is the farthest on from that group.

If I read my news and information correctly, the country, war machine, politics, economy, law, etc is run by evil groups, who care nothing about the man on the street.

God is being abolished from every quarter, as fast as they can move.

No wonder it (USA) looks more like the evil than the good.

1. profile image0

That's great dj. We have all seen the 'you aren't a real Christian' comments between you guys. Now, you've upped the ante with a whole country not containing real Christians. Bold move, on your part.  I guess you don't need love when you've got self righteousness in your hand and the ability to judge large swaths without the benefit of knowing the individuals. smile

I suppose you'll chalk my comment up to the folly of true evil. Sometimes, when you look at how quickly we write each other off, you wonder how anyone in history could have begun with a belief that man is in God's image and God loved the world.

2. Disappearinghead profile image61
      Disappearingheadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Could you please define exactly what is a true Christian and what is not?

3. EncephaloiDead profile image55
      EncephaloiDeadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Can we go way out on a limb here and assume you believe that you are one of those true Christians, as God sees you? lol

4. Castlepaloma profile image76

DJ
      The most major wars and greatest killer of all time is the war of the classes. I would not say evil , because it makes human's sub human demons, in order to kill them much easier. Authorities kill more people than criminal do. Add in a bronze age and med evil  laws, you have base for greed at it's best and punishment like hell, far worst than the crime

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)