jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (16 posts)

Can you exorcise a demon through SKYPE!?!

1. Stevennix2001 profile image83
    Stevennix2001posted 3 years ago

I was watching a CNN report on youtube that showed some priest exorcising a demon through skype, and I just had to ask...is that even possible?  Forget about debating whether or not demons exist for a moment, but the first thing I'm curious about is if you're a demon possessing someone, then why the hell would you be skyping with the same damn priest that you know could potentially exorcise you and send you back to hell?  Are demons naturally stupid or something?  I'm sorry.  I just have a hard time wrapping my head around that.  Can someone please explain this.

1. profile image0
      Emile Rposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yeh. That's pretty crazy. But, if I were a priest called in to exorcise a demon I'd be open to the idea. Don't the priests always get possessed somewhere during the process in the movies? I don't think that could happen with aSkype ceremony.

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image72
        schoolgirlforrealposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I would think you COULD get possessed during skype.....

Stevennix2001posted 3 years ago in reply to this

But even if that is the case, then wouldn't a demon have enough common sense to turn off the dang pc though?   Or simply not skype with the priest?  I mean....I don't know much about demons and stuff, but from what I do know, they're supposed to be smart.  And if they're smart, then wouldn't common sense dictate just turning off the skype chat and pc to keep the priest that can exorcise them and send them to hell from talking to them?  I mean that's just me.

2. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Don't you think you're giving that demon a lot more on the ball that it really has?

It must, somehow, locate that priest out of the billions on the planet, without having the faintest where (s)he is located.  And it doesn't seem reasonable that an ordinary demon would understand human electronics and digital switching well enough to trace the signal through copper/air/space travel.

3. Disappearinghead profile image84
          Disappearingheadposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I don't believe it would be possible for a demon to possess someone over Skype. The demon would have to somehow trace your IP address and have knowledge of who your internet service provider was. Even with this information your ISP is not going to give out your details to just about any demon who requests it. They only give your information freely to the NSA.

1. jonnycomelately profile image87
            jonnycomelatelyposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Is that before or after you get your Passport to Hell?  mad

1. Disappearinghead profile image84
              Disappearingheadposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Mmmm who would the the issuing authority for passports to hell? The United Nations perhaps? smile

2. jonnycomelately profile image87

Haha, Steven... but thereby hangs a tail.......

Um....okay.... hmm

1. jonnycomelately profile image87

...the "tale" of the demon?.......

3. Huntgoddess profile image82
      Huntgoddessposted 3 years ago

Are you talking about a Roman Catholic priest?

I don't think that is possible, but I will have to look it up. What was the name of the show?

it was on cnn.  here's the link to the video that i saw if you want to see it for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej4sHU0xfwE

1. Huntgoddess profile image82
          Huntgoddessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

He's not a Roman Catholic priest.

He's an evangelical Christian, so I have no idea about that. They can just make their own rules.

A Roman Catholic priest would have rules set forth for him, that he would have to follow.

Here is what the Catechism of the Catholic Church says:

"1673.    When the Church asks publicly and authoritatively in the name of Jesus Christ that a person or object be protected against the power of the Evil One and withdrawn from his dominion, it is called exorcism. Jesus performed exorcisms and from him the Church has received the power and office of exorcizing.178 In a simple form, exorcism is performed at the celebration of Baptism. The solemn exorcism, called “a major exorcism,” can be performed only by a priest and with the permission of the bishop. The priest must proceed with prudence, strictly observing the rules established by the Church. Exorcism is directed at the expulsion of demons or to the liberation from demonic possession through the spiritual authority which Jesus entrusted to his Church. Illness, especially psychological illness, is a very different matter; treating this is the concern of medical science. Therefore, before an exorcism is performed, it is important to ascertain that one is dealing with the presence of the Evil One, and not an illness.179 (395, 550, 1237)"

The first number -- 1673 --- is the paragraph of the Catechism. The other numbers are either footnotes, or references to other paragraphs in the Catechism. I have not included the references but there are many places online to read the Catechism.

I don't know or can't say anything about other ecclesial communities.

2. profile image0
          Rad Manposted 3 years ago in reply to this

LOL. Made me laugh. I bet we will find he charges a small fee. That my friends is call lying for Jesus and cash.

1. Huntgoddess profile image82
            Huntgoddessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Roman Catholic priests are not allowed to charge any fee.

I don't know about the guy in the show. As I say, above, he is NOT a Roman Catholic priest.

working