False prophets shall rise; truth will prevail.

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (201 posts)
  1. Cgenaea profile image60
    Cgenaeaposted 9 years ago

It is at my attention that many people teach the bible just a little bit differently than Jesus did.
    Is that not his book? Is it not he who should be sought after for truth? Can one "improve" his messages? Yes; yes; no.
    The bible, if you believe any of it, is fine. It stands on its own legs and carries the weight of millions upon its back.
    To understand the messages; one must know the deliverer of the messages. Jesus. For without him, nothing was made. All things were made through him.
    If you believe any of the bible; it is important to believe it all.
    The very elect among us will be fooled. So, how do we stay assured of our right standing with God??? Believe ALL that he says; in the spirit of which he said all things.
    This discussion should include whatever comes to mind.
    Time is getting short, again. We only have until our final breath left.
    The bible is the Christian book, and Jesus is first-born of his lineage. He is the king of kings. His father gave him that position, for in him, God was well pleased.  He is the authority.
    Say what he says; take on his mind; follow him. He's going to the kingdom.
    How do we understand what he says? Receive him alone. False prophets have arisen.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 9 years agoin reply to this

"Is that not his book?"

No.  It was not written by him, and very little of the book is about him, either. 

"If you believe any of the bible; it is important to believe it all. "

And yet we know that much of it is absolutely false to fact.  The flood, creation in 7 days, reanimation of rotting corpses, etc. are known to be false.  Best no believe none of it then?

"False prophets have arisen."  Indeed they have; we've seen some of the right here in these forums.  Claiming to have received God's word but unable to provide evidence of it, claiming to have the spirit in them but with messages differing from the other "prophets" posting.  Best to ignore them all and let God speak directly to us, with the only problem being that that never (verifiably) happens.

Cgenaeaposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Hi. smile
        We really do not have to discuss it. I'd like to help some who wonder about it...so maybe you should not be on the list???
        However, for the record, I believe all the things you mentioned, did happen in some form or another. Those facts are strictly protected by each man. In his heart. I mean, each of God's men; in their hearts. They believe the report of the Lord.

*shrug*  Belief and truth/fact are often at odds with each other.

Exactly! We need to know which one to pick.
            My belief matches truth. Win-win. wink

1. Jomine Jose profile image70
              Jomine Joseposted 9 years agoin reply to this

The truth as opinionated by ancient charlatans.

And the spirit of God.
                Don't forget the spirit of God

From the "authentic" pen of the same lying scribes!

Circular logic too.

If I am going to go in circles, Jesus will be in the center, not me. Not infidels.
                    Someone knows the real truth, and ALL my "money" is on calvary. Say what you will... wink

2. profile image0
              Rad Manposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Which truth is that? The truth that 3 people went to the tomb or the truth that 1 person went? The truth that there was someone inside or the truth that no one was inside?

Ya know...I was SURE that you were of the opinion that one should gather ALL THE FACTS before making a decision one way orthe other.
                Your bias has once again reared its precious head. smile

2. Cat333 profile image61
      Cat333posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Well said, inspired words, Cgenaea!

3. Jomine Jose profile image70

It is fortunate that you know what jesus said exactly, as others have no idea.

It is "others", I hope.

I know exactly, the message he conveyed.
        It wud be very difficult for you to know, that was one of his messages.
        Hello Jomine. smile

And the rest of the christians in hubpages, false prophets who have no idea what jesus said?
          Hi.

I aint privy to that... God knows.

But your thread states otherwise.
              Your thread specifically says you know something others don't.

I responded to your inquiry about exactly what it is that others know or dont. I cannot tell you that. But if you give me specifics, I can do it all day too. wink

You say you know
                  Then you say others don't know.
                  Then you say only god knows.

Or in other words you are saying that what you say is what god said and if anyone disagree with you they are false prophets at the same time denying you said so.

I say anything that goes against what Jesus said is wrong.
                    If you tell me that everyone is welcome into heaven no matter what...you are a liar. Jesus said differently.
                    If you tell me that Jesus is not nor should be focal in Christianity, you are a liar. Jesus (and God) said differently.
                    If you tell me that the bible is flawed and should not be relied upon to give us true reference for the kingdom of God, guess what...

2. janesix profile image58
    janesixposted 9 years ago

How can you believe ALL of a book that is full of contradictions? Just take a look at the four gospels, they are all different with contradictions throughout.

3. Cgenaea profile image60

What contradiction are you misreading?

1. janesix profile image58
      janesixposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Try opening up your book randomly, I'll bet you'll find one right away.

4. Cgenaea profile image60

I do know the personality behind the words. I haven't found one. Though I have never opened up the book randomly looking for a discrepancy. I guess if I do...im likely to find a lot wrong with the bible.

There is a lot wrong with the Bible.

5. Cgenaea profile image60

I think you said that... smile the question I asked is what contradiction?
    Do you know Jesus?

I can't think of any off the top of my head. But I know they are there. It's one of the reasons I don't like the Bible. I haven't read it in a while. The last part I read recently was Revelation, when I was in doom mode.

Whenever I pull out the Bible, I know it's time to get a med check.

I remember. smile
        I still say that for the Christian; the book is the bible. No Christian; no bible. It's clear. This conversation is for whatever comes to mind. So thanks. Forgettable contradictions. If you think of what they are, please share.

I will let the atheists come along and post some contradictions for you. They are better versed in the Bible than the theists.

Ok.

2. profile image0

That's easy peasy.

Mark 15:25  It was nine in the morning when they crucified him.
            John 19:14  It was the day of Preparation of the Passover; it was about noon.

What time was that again?

Mark 16:1-5  When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices so that they might go to anoint Jesus’ body. 2 Very early on the first day of the week, just after sunrise, they were on their way to the tomb 3 and they asked each other, “Who will roll the stone away from the entrance of the tomb?”  But when they looked up, they saw that the stone, which was very large, had been rolled away. 5 As they entered the tomb, they saw a young man dressed in a white robe sitting on the right side, and they were alarmed.

John 20:1-10  Early on the first day of the week, while it was still dark, Mary Magdalene went to the tomb and saw that the stone had been removed from the entrance. 2 So she came running to Simon Peter and the other disciple, the one Jesus loved, and said, “They have taken the Lord out of the tomb, and we don’t know where they have put him!” 3 So Peter and the other disciple started for the tomb. 4 Both were running, but the other disciple outran Peter and reached the tomb first. 5 He bent over and looked in at the strips of linen lying there but did not go in. 6 Then Simon Peter came along behind him and went straight into the tomb. He saw the strips of linen lying there, 7 as well as the cloth that had been wrapped around Jesus’ head. The cloth was still lying in its place, separate from the linen. 8 Finally the other disciple, who had reached the tomb first, also went inside. He saw and believed. 9 (They still did not understand from Scripture that Jesus had to rise from the dead.) 10 Then the disciples went back to where they were staying.

Rather different stories. One says three people, the other says one. One says there was someone inside the other doesn't. I particularly like the part where one guy and 2 women were wondering who was going to roll the stone away. Good times. I could do this all day.

Mark 15:25  It was nine in the morning when they crucified him.John 19:14  It was the day of Preparation of the Passover; it was about noon.

Looks to me like Mark 15:33 casts a different light on Mark and his watch... he says Jesus was crucified at 9a.
              Then ch33 says, @noon it was dark; @3p Jesus cried out...easy peasy... wink
              also, it's 9:27a where I'm is. smile what time is it there???

As for your other story: once all the words are read for each scripture, it looks to me like the exact same story told from two different perspectives.
              Mark started his story on the night of the Sabbath. He then picks up with John on early the next morn. John seems to have singled Mary out at 20:11 he begins with just Mary again after the other two went home. The rest is literary emphasis.
              Is this all you have??? Surely, there is much more that would account for the remarkable "contradictions" that flood the bible, making it not worth the very pretty paper it is printed on...

1. profile image0

I could list new ones all day, but you'd simply dismiss them all day and pretend they don't exist.

Which on is the truth then, three people or one? Person inside, no one inside?

Jesus rose and was gone...
                  That's the meat of the matter. wink
                  Geez! Good thing Mary didn't have a bowel movement on the way, and either John or Mark forgot to write that part. Lol... did she trip and fall going up the hill??? Did she bring a lunch? Were her shoes too tight and she screamed OUCH with every left footed step??? Pickn at the bible will not make the words untrue.

1. profile image0

Cgenaea says "What contradiction are you misreading?"

Janesix says "There is a lot wrong with the Bible."

Cgenaea says "the question I asked is what contradiction?"

Rad shows a few contradictions...

LOL.

2. Link10103 profile image61
                    Link10103posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Cherry picking the bible does not make it true either. Logic and all...

2. profile image0
              SirDentposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Not hard to understand what time.  Mark was using the Jewish time, which would put the crucifixion at or around 9:00 AM or the third hour.  The Jewish day starts at 6:00 AM.

John put Jesus before Pilate at the 6th hour, Roman time.  Roman time starts at midnight and wopuld have put Jesus before Pilate at or around 6:AM.

Did Mary only go one time to the tomb of Jesus?

1. Righteous Atheist profile image58
                Righteous Atheistposted 9 years agoin reply to this

lol lol

Oh dear me. Not hard to understand that the writers who wrote the majick book used different time zones. lol lol

6. Cgenaea profile image60

Aahhh yeh... I remember...

7. Cgenaea profile image60

Hi Cat333!!! I'm grateful to know for myself. You are my witness to these things. smile you know too...

8. Cat333 profile image61
    Cat333posted 9 years ago

Jesus was crucified at 9am Hebrew time. He was on the cross six hours. Darkness fell from noon to 3pm. He died at 3pm. You can find evidence of this throughout the gospels. You can also find evidence of it in other writings.

John does NOT say that Jesus was crucified at "noon", though many translations (e.g., NET, NLT, Amplified, the Message, etc.) do inaccurately interpret the text as "noon". In truth, John states that it was "about the sixth hour" when they crucified him. What does that mean? Was it a different time he was using? Or was it about the sixth hour since the ordeal began - it had been six hours since Jesus' arrest the night before.

How many women went to the grave? Several. Can you figure out their "standing" - Mary Magdalene, Mary (mother of James), Joanna, Salome, and other women. If you spotted your good pal Joe at an event and told someone about it, would you also mention everyone else there? Not necessarily. Never does it say the other women were NOT present when one or two is mentioned, so there is no contradiction!

Cat333 smile you, a warm breeze and Sir Dent, Scripture Superman ♡... you help me feel protected, thank you.
      I have only a vague idea of my own time zone. smile I always look it up. It never sticks. But I really did feel it to be important in this lonely "contradiction".
      Biblical attack is unnerving for me a little. I have seen so much proof with my own eyes. I love new confirmations.

Attack? lol I think what is unnerving you is people demonstrating how flawed the bible is. 

Here are a few more contradictions for ya. Ask and ye shall receive. wink

http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_ … tions.html

Glad to help! We should always be about our Father's business, including helping our brothers and sisters in Christ and shedding any light where ever we can. You and Sir Dent are great blessings here to me as well!

9. Cgenaea profile image60

GLAD to be of any service, Ma'am. smile

10. Cgenaea profile image60

I now FINALLY have an opportunity to "break it down for you into simpler terms" so that you may come to understand. wink
    One of you said, "you reason well; now it means nothing"
    See... reasoning is an ability. I got IT in abundance. smile I can reason like a reasoning champion and not miss a beat. But what does it mean in regard to truth? As much as my other stuff I have/can do means zilch to truth.
    Jesus existed. Probably much better than all of us. smile
    Good luck with, whatever.

Your opinion is that reasoning is nothing. This does not point to good reasoning skills. Reason is the way we get to truth. Still - you don't need to bother with all that malarky - you just go straight to believing without bothering with the "clutter."

I do not bother myself with extra opinions. There is one source from which to gain the only clarity I seek.
        All that school stuff is done. I'm living my life with a purpose that has already provided answers to all my questions. While most others are still asking. There is liberty in realizing that there is a source that tells you exactly what you need to do.

How odd that it tells you you need to go to internet forums to threaten eternal judgement. Of course you are not interested in anyone else's opinions - you already know everything.

No wonder your religion causes so many conflicts. sad

Have you felt threatened by ANYTHING I've said???
            If so, that may be a good sign.

Of course not - your threats are as empty as.... That doesn't mean you did not threaten. wink

How do you know there was a threat if you didn't feel one? Why does it matter what I say if I speak empty? Why does it jar one into defense?  I just don't get it.

2. Michael-Milec profile image59
        Michael-Milecposted 9 years agoin reply to this

If your statement "reason is the way we get to truth" stands,  no wonder that your truth without Jesus has many faces because the reason of the strongest comes best on top every time newest appears… Jesus said it clearly " I AM the Way and the Truth and the Life." Failure to grasp " I AM "  leads to false conclusion and incapacitate further communication.

Yes - I can see why you wouldn't understand. Reason eludes you, so you grasp at straws. No wonder your religion causes so many conflicts. You discard the ability to reason your god has given you. Oh well. wink

1. Michael-Milec profile image59

Dialog would be possible at the appreciable level : the godly side doesn't consist of cowards running away. We simply speak a higher wisdom revealed to us by the Spirit, which therefore only those  filled with the Spirit and not the sensuous apprehend; this should  be accepted that the children of God ( (Christians filled with the Spirit of God) are not authorized to reduce God's wisdom- so that can be botched at the reasoning level leading to no conclusion. We compare spiritual things to the spiritual. And,  when we speak we speak the same what God- Jesus of Nazareth or ANY believer would be speaking - we do speak the same mind of Christ.

You know, I see that quite a bit in these forums.  "I have the Spirit of God and therefore know more than you do; you should believe everything I, or anyone I approve of, has to say".

Doesn't wash for the reasoning person.  For instance, you claim that Jesus said something specific, based on your research of what someone 2,000 years ago and hundreds of years after the man you call Jesus is said to have lived, had to say about it.  Someone very concerned about maintaining his power grip on the people, someone that did no research/testing himself.  A reasoning person wants just a little more than that.

Naturally, you see it differently and it is quite  well with me;

Oh?  What is different?

Is that not what you said, or do you think a reasoning person would simply accept the bald statement and believe?

Start, clean through to finish is different.
                    You cannot accept any baldness. If that is what all this is considered... you are free to leave it right where it is...but you don't want that... you like my Jesus wink

2. Righteous Atheist profile image58

The godly side? I know you are very, very brave, but still.....

These claims of superiority over others when all you have actually demonstrated is an inability to properly construct a sentence is one of the many reasons your religion causes so many conflicts. wink

…as the enemies of the Creator- only true and living God- are easily irritated when a person whose English isn't first language construct sentences in the way the would be forced for  an apology... You Sir, accept my apology , please and do know that many other intelligent authors never used that as a basis  for putting down another human being, (they accepted my errancy). What bothers most of the enemies of God is superiority of His being , His Word and his children. The ' godly side ' is not what makes me or the other believers "very brave" ( How do you know that ?)- it is eternally established truth for " brave" sinners who turn away from the satan's domain and accepting offer to be part of family of God- once again simply by " "receiving" the eternal Word, ' but to those who did receive him he gave authority to become children of God, to those who believe in him. They were born, not from human stock, not from physical desire, nor from the will of a man, but from God." ( Constructed by TNT scholars ). This is not a religion. God isn't religious as some traditional theory  includes the way of God's dealing as a 'religion'. You might be surprised, that my religion might be good and healthy eating, instead being "member' of any man-made religions. . . Well,  that's completely different subject.

Enemies of the Creator? lol

Well - all the time you claim to be superior to me I will tend to find fault in your lazy approach to the English language. Why not find a forum in your own language to tell everyone how brave and superior you are?

And if you don't understand why your claims to superiority are likely to cause ill will and irritation, I will probably not be able to explain it to you.

Simply rude. I mean rude y'all. That was SO rude... yeah, rude...

You just proved your best English vocabulary, when you'll find peace within yourself - I might be back talking to you.

2. Cgenaea profile image60

What do you think of the claims of one or two atheists to be more superior than Christians in intelligence and reasoning? I somehow believe that to be the dominant idea. But I have seen no claims of superior-minded conflict headed in their direction.
                Have you noted that particular bias??? I mean, it don't bother me none... I know what I know. wink
                But I think truth is far more important. Everyone who thinks themselves superior  should get the sticker smile

Did you get? The OP itself says that you know something others don't!

And we do, indeed. But one who has not this belief, feels himself to know EVERYTHING we do "not". Same deal... see???

Not all things go by "feelings" . I chose the One who offers life eternal and my  decision is  to go with His word , Revel. 22 :11 " Let those who don't have God's approval go without it, and let filthy people continue to be filthy. Let those who have God's approval continue to have it, and let holy people continue to be holy." GW Transl.

2. Righteous Atheist profile image58

I think the former is nonsense, but the latter may have some merit.

Please stop bearing false witness - I know you get the lake of fire for that. wink

That lake of fire is really prominent in your thinking, huh???

I agree. smile

Shocker. lol

11. Cgenaea profile image60

Just so we are clear; learning is a forever process.  It is not a matter of letting go of any attainment of knowledge. That thought is so silly, I rarely address it.
    My life of faith is being sure of this one thing. God/Jesus/Bible. (Looks like three things, but they are tight, like one)
    Letting all else align or not.
    For others, they are assured that Pythagoras was right.
    For others, it's Elvis. smile
    Teach me all you want about Rock-n-roll...
    Teach me all you want about money... (pls)
    Teach me all you want about whites...
    But this one thing I do know...

12. Cgenaea profile image60

That's a silly notion janesix. Lol...

Why do you preach to men, when God tells you not to in the Bible?

Still awaiting your answer.

1. profile image0

Mar 16:9  Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.
        Mar 16:10  And she went and told them that had been with him, as they mourned and wept.
        Mar 16:11  And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not.

Mary Magdalene first preached the resurrection of Jesus Christ. 

Mar 16:15  And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Preach the gospel to every creature.  Believe it or don't believe, it is your choice.

I choose not to believe you. Well done Dent. Your choice to preach nonsense. Your choice. wink

2. janesix profile image58

And they, when they had heard that he was alive, and had been seen of her, believed not.

Mar 16:12

After that he appeared in another form unto two of them, as they walked, and went into the country.

Mar 16:13

And they went and told it unto the residue: neither believed they them. 

Mar 16:14

Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.

Mar 16:15

And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Looks like you left out a few lines. Doesn't look like he was telling mary to go out and preach to me.

13. Cgenaea profile image60

I see that the Lord went before me as I prepared my statement. Lol... he is marvelous that way!!! smile
    The first ch in 1Tim attests to the fact that Paul was not talking to "me". The "law" is for unbelievers.
    But Jesus (the head) sent Mary to preach. smile lol...
    The chain is broken. I am most grateful.

14. Cgenaea profile image60

That makes no sense. He told her to tell it. They did not believe her. But some did not believe him either. smile
    Don't mean she wasn't told to go...

Jesus never told mary to preach anything. If she went out and told people she saw him rise, it was of her own choice.

He wasn't speaking to her when he said to go out and preach.

I am surprised sirdent was so deceitful as to leave out the lines that showed who Jesus was talking to. Interesting.

1. profile image0

Thanks for calling me a liar.  You are not the first to do so and likely not the last.

Luk_2:36  And there was one Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Aser: she was of a great age, and had lived with an husband seven years from her virginity;

Anna, a prophetess,(minister,preacher).

Jdg_4:4  And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time.

Deborah, a prophetess and a judge. 

2Ki_22:14  So Hilkiah the priest, and Ahikam, and Achbor, and Shaphan, and Asahiah, went unto Huldah the prophetess, the wife of Shallum the son of Tikvah, the son of Harhas, keeper of the wardrobe; (now she dwelt in Jerusalem in the college;) and they communed with her.

Huldah, a prophetess, (minister, preacher).

Act 21:8  And the next day we that were of Paul's company departed, and came unto Caesarea: and we entered into the house of Philip the evangelist, which was one of the seven; and abode with him.
        Act 21:9  And the same man had four daughters, virgins, which did prophesy.

Philip had 4 daughters who prophesied, (preached).

Well don't leave out pertinent information, and I won't call you on it.

And a prophetess is not a preacher. And even if they were, no where does it say God ordered them to preach, or even approved.

1. profile image0

I just tried to make it easy for you.

Grasping at straws now?

Well, the debate will continue about women preachers and the semantics of preaching and prophesying, but Cgenaea speaks because she has the gift of prophecy (not forth telling, but speaking the words / truth of God given through the Spirit and the Word). In the last days, the sons AND the daughters will prophecy. And as Sir Dent has shown, her activities are in line with many women throughout Scriptures, including the first person ever to go out and share the good news about Jesus Christ (who happened to be a woman).

I'm sorry you all missed her beautiful point about the rocks crying out if the men kept silent. Truly, if the honor will go to the rocks, before that point it will go to whoever is willing for our Lord - women and any other disregarded group.

15. Cgenaea profile image60

The bone is destroyed. Forever smile
    Chew something else.

16. Cgenaea profile image60

Forever destroyed... again. smile
    It is amazing that even non-believers attempt to learn what the Lord wants.

Not really. I just like to point out the errors in your belief system.

1. Link10103 profile image61
        Link10103posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Dont you know? Pointing out the errors means you are secretly a believer and/or are envious of people with better lives than you.

That last one was actually said to me on here a few hours ago. Right after the person said that god is the best medicine any of faith can rely on. If you ask, you can be healed!

Sigh

Good luck. I still have seen no errors.

Of course you haven't. You believe blindly. You see out of your book only what you personally wish to see. It's your loss.

Or... is it you who blindly (and secretly) believes, and desperately seeks an out???
            I've lost nothing,  thank God. I still have him. He still has me... I'm very grateful for that.
            I really don't deserve his goodness.

Tried that. Luckily I realized it was BS.

From Paul to Saul, huh...
                Luckily you didn't lose your sight too...
                or...

17. Cgenaea profile image60

janesix & Co. Here's a little something for your journey.
    John 20:17
    Jesus said, (to Mary) “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

I remember it being also misunderstood that Mary was "sent" by Jesus with a message when he got up from the grave. I know Sir Dent incinerated the bone already, but i found the script of confirmation. John, was given the story to report.
    Thank you, Jesus, for making it plainer, and sticking up for me.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)