jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

I have some practical questions about the Rapture

1. Pam Ryan profile image61
    Pam Ryanposted 3 years ago

Does anyone know how the Rapture is going to work? What method of transport is going to be used? Will it take long, or is it instantaneous like it is on Star Trek? Do we need to take a thermos and sandwiches? And what might the appropriate attire be that day?  I was thinking of wearing a ball gown but I don't know if this is appropriate. Your advice and theories would be welcome.

Thanks in advance

Pam

1. Stacie L profile image91
      Stacie Lposted 3 years agoin reply to this

This would probably be better asked in the HP religious forum IMO.
      wink

1. SmartAndFun profile image97
        SmartAndFunposted 3 years agoin reply to this

As of now it has been moved to the appropriate forum. Took a little longer than I thought it might. smile

2. Kiss andTales profile image69
      Kiss andTalesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

King James Version 1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Reference Bible 1Th 4:17 Afterward we the living who are surviving will, together with them, be caught away in clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and thus we shall always be with [the] Lord. 

American Standard Version 1Th 4:17 then we that are alive, that are left, shall together with them be caught up in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 

As a witness from these scriptures alike the word rapture does not exist in the scriptures

So Jehovah's name will be as it would be in Hebrew and Greek translation in answering questions.

To start ,an understanding By the rapture you mean that Christians living at the end of the system of things are to be taken to heaven, is that not right? . . . Have you wondered what they will do when they get to heaven? . . . Notice what Revelation 20:6  (Reference Bible Re 20:6 Happy and holy is anyone having part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no authority, but they will be priests of God and of the Christ, and will rule as kings with him for the thousand years. 
      Simple Jobs or seats of the heavenly Goverment!
      Now who will these king and priest rule over?
      Reference Bible Re 5:9 And they sing a new song, saying: “You are worthy to take the scroll and open its seals, because you were slaughtered and with your blood you bought persons for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation,  these people have been purchase by Jesus blood. These are the new citizens that will poses the earth that will live here and benefit from that New Goverment.

King James Version Mt 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
      New World Translation Mt 6:10

Let your Kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also on earth.
      People will not have to die and go to heaven to be in a heavenly inviroment once the earth is cleaned off. that is what the Mt 6:10 is saying .

3. Juliet Stewart profile image42
      Juliet Stewartposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I love it, Your sense of humor is priceless.  When you find the answer to all those questions do share. I await on bated breath. LOL.

Pam Ryanposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I am still looking into it and will keep you posted.

2. LindaSmith1 profile image59
    LindaSmith1posted 3 years ago

personally I hope HP shuts this one down!

3. profile image0
    calculus-geometryposted 3 years ago

I am only familiar with the raptor.
    http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061126193740/uncyclopedia/images/e/e6/1164568855547.jpg

4. SmartAndFun profile image97
    SmartAndFunposted 3 years ago

Keyword: "practical"

5. Pam Ryan profile image61
    Pam Ryanposted 3 years ago

Ta

6. profile image60
    DJ Andersonposted 3 years ago

Pam, this is priceless!  Being raised in a strict religious doctrine (will not name the denomination) all my questions were met with, "We don't have all the answers.  We simply have to have faith."  The words that were unspoken but clear as day were,
    "You must not have enough faith, if you are asking these kind of questions."
    Well, I certainly did not want to be regarded as one who did not have faith, so that
    shut me up for good!!!

My only hope is that it does not happen while taking a shower.
    Or, can you imagine doing the 'down and dirty' with your loved one in bed??

If I get an update on the time factor, will be sure to let you know!!
    DJ.

Pam Ryanposted 3 years agoin reply to this

DJ, I am much obliged.

working