jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

A God shet Atheism Hypocrisy thread 2

1. God shet profile image60
    God shetposted 2 years ago

Atheists believe that we only live once, and that life is invaluably precious. And yet - some of them want funerals to be celebrations rather than an occasion of sadness.

How do they expect someone (who is dying), and his/her relatives (at funeral) to be cheerful over a life and a person that only lived once?

1. aliasis profile image95
      aliasisposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Wait... I can't tell if this is supposed to be a parody or actual logic, sorry, lol. Is the idea of celebrating someone's life at a funeral that difficult to understand? Or are people who believe in the afterlife, like Christians, hypocrites for crying and being sad at funerals?

...I guess I'll just go with, this was satire. haha smile

God shetposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Would you like a movie without an ending?

2. God shet profile image60

"Personally, I like the idea of a wake - a celebration of the life that was lived.  Remembered stories and events, the actions of the deceased.  A party atmosphere rather than a somber, sad group.  An acceptance of death, a refreshing of happy memories and times instead of a tear filled group of unhappy people pretending that death doesn't happen."

http://hubpages.com/forum/post/2754810

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 2 years ago

You misunderstood the point being made.  I suggest that you read that post again.

Also it has jack to do with atheism. It was one guy expressing his opinion as an individual.

1. wilderness profile image98
      wildernessposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I actually doubt there was any misunderstanding at all.

4. God shet profile image60

Well, that 'one guy' happens to be an atheist.

5. God shet profile image60

Atheism seems to be not precise, and not even unanimously agreed upon within atheists themselves.

1. wilderness profile image98
      wildernessposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Much like the thousands of differing religions, yes?

But you didn't ask for a formal atheist viewpoint ( a good thing as there isn't one any more than there is a formal religious viewpoint), you asked for the likes and dislikes of individuals and that's what you got.

God shetposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the leak. Unexpected. But highly appreciated.

working