jump to last post 1-18 of 18 discussions (34 posts)

What are you grateful to God for?

1. Lady_E profile image80
    Lady_Eposted 8 years ago

What are you grateful to God for?  Does He make a difference to your life?

1. profile image0
      MangoGirlposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I'm grateful to God that you have friends that deserve such poems. smile

1. profile image43
        badcompany99posted 8 years agoin reply to this

You are so full of crap !

2. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Loving me no matter what.  Even when someone says He doesn't. Grateful for a life, to experience it I suppose it is better than nothing at all.

Grateful that I can get up everyday and have hopes for better days.  Grateful that being a "f" up isn't the end of the world for me because I know He understands me.

Grateful that there is someone out there that I can speak without feeling like I have to hide something because well... He already knows so I can just cut the crap and tell Him.

I am grateful to God for a lot of things especially my kid but mostly I am just happy and grateful that God loves me and no one can change it.

I don't have to feel abandoned, forgotten, rejected or like a waste of skin.  I aint any better than anyone else but it does make me happy to know that someone did and does love me before the foundations of the world were even created.

It means something to me, it means I was meant to be, I was not a mistake.  I make mistakes but I was not a mistake.  My mom had me by mistake but I was not a mistake. LOL.

Jesus doesn't love me by mistake. big_smile

1. fierycj profile image78
        fierycjposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Nice one, Sandra.

2. Eng.M profile image78
        Eng.Mposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I had my daughter by mistake lol

3. andromida profile image62
      andromidaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I am grateful because I am still alive ,keep this vulnerable life
      alive is a miracle,such a complicated biological system.Moreover,
      I am grateful because I have many friends who really love me and
      definitely for having hub page community right here.

4. Eng.M profile image78
      Eng.Mposted 8 years agoin reply to this

that I am a human

5. accofranco profile image82
      accofrancoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

For giving a loving family and for giving me life up till now, despite my illness that is dragging me down. Thanks for starting this topic. God thank you for giving me life again today.

6. aimer la vie profile image57
      aimer la vieposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I am thankful for each and every day as tomorrow is not promised. I am thankful to love and be loved along with all the pleasures of life. And even in the moments of despair I am always thankful for the strength he gives me to move forward.

7. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 8 years agoin reply to this

For having me be with him, giving me a glimpse of his unlimited bliss ,his omnipresence, his omnipotence and his omniscience smile

1. mohitmisra profile image60
        mohitmisraposted 8 years agoin reply to this

"You constantly look after me,
        That is why now I am drinking this tea."

For looking after me smile

8. IntimatEvolution profile image72
      IntimatEvolutionposted 8 years agoin reply to this

For everything!

2. profile image0
    shreekrishnaposted 8 years ago

i am gratefull to god that ,
    god gaves me such a mind , nature , my life & other living beings
    to whome i can love tongue
    to whom i can hatred mad & feel jealous hmm ,
    to whom i can do a competition with ,
    to whome i can fight & enjoy lol with ,

to whome i can discuss my thoughts roll & share my things ,

for the humans that also thinks like me.
    to give me a chance to live my life on my own basis.

3. Make  Money profile image81
    Make Moneyposted 8 years ago

I'm grateful to God for family and friends, decent housing, enough to eat, the church I attend, new online acquaintances in these forums, the great outdoors and that the fishing season is finally here. smile

4. fierycj profile image78
    fierycjposted 8 years ago

Each day could be a blessing. I know it sounds corny,but its true. Anyone of us could be dead any second, life is such a frail thing. Success will come later. Life comes first. You can get it done...if you live long enough. I'm grateful to God for life.

5. Princess Kari profile image59
    Princess Kariposted 8 years ago

everything smile
    especially helping me to get my degrees smile

6. Make  Money profile image81

Can I ask you what you are grateful to God for Lady_E?

1. fierycj profile image78
      fierycjposted 8 years agoin reply to this

year Lady_E, What are you grateful to God for?

7. curiozities profile image61
    curiozitiesposted 8 years ago

Everything, especially my wife, our new baby son, my job and ability to provide for my family, my home, the fact that I live in the greatest country on earth, and the men and women who have served (and those who are serving) in the military to help make sure we are free.

8. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 8 years ago

No. god does not make a difference in my life.

9. BundleBoy profile image82
    BundleBoyposted 8 years ago

Well here Iam sitting in a cozy air conditioned room and typing out in a HubPages forum on my laptop. What more can I ask for. I am grateful for everything I have today. For the great country we live in.

10. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 8 years ago

All of us here in the HP are grateful to God for providing a forum to express our thoughts through HubPages.

In addition, personally, I am grateful (to my parents, whom I think are gods for me) for making me intelligent enough to analyse various things.

1. lisafwg01 profile image57
      lisafwg01posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Please don't speak for everyone. I'm not grateful to any deity for anything.

You may give thanks to anyone or anything you wish, but don't put your beliefs into other people's mouths.

1. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
        VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Sorry... I thought gratefulness is a common thing for everyone. Now, I correct myself. It is not common... common only to those who believe in god.

1. lisafwg01 profile image57
          lisafwg01posted 8 years agoin reply to this

You weren't speaking of gratefulness in general, you were talking about being grateful to God..there IS a difference.

11. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 8 years ago

I rarely go to temples for worship as I am not so mad in religious beliefs. As a routine, I will go to my ancestral temple here in south India and pray for all... pray for family, relatives, friends, neighbours and all our people. Worship is a common practice which no one will deny... whether he is atheist or religious. It is no sin praying for others and say to god "we all are praying you".  We get nothing by praying in a temple. Only satisfaction for our conscience. If any one differs and ask "who are you to pray for me?" I cannot do anything except tendering excuse.

12. earnestshub profile image88
    earnestshubposted 8 years ago

"Sorry... I thought gratefulness is a common thing for everyone. Now, I correct myself. It is not common... common only to those who believe in god".

No it is not common only to those who believe in any god/gods. Your answer is narrow-minded and insulting.

13. cashmere profile image82
    cashmereposted 8 years ago

I thank God for a wonderful family, enough to eat and a place to stay. I thank him for making me free of disease and healthy. I thank him for not giving me any major grief in life.

14. febriedethan profile image79
    febriedethanposted 8 years ago

For everything in my life.

15. Make  Money profile image81

Some cool replies in here.

Definitely no mistakes. smile

16. AEvans profile image79
    AEvansposted 8 years ago

I am grateful to God for the gifts that he has given me and the people that I love.smile

17. scheinandras profile image57
    scheinandrasposted 8 years ago

I can say thank you for my talent, my family and my whole life!smile Thanks god!

18. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 8 years ago

grateful for life and freedom to express opinions......
       children friends  and living in a nice part of the world,though the recession is hitting hard everyone has enough  to eat and cooping to the best of their ability....

and everything else!!!!!

working