jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Was Jesus Married? Did He Associate Himself With Beautiful Women?

1. ngureco profile image82
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

Was Jesus Married? Did He Associate Himself With Beautiful Women?

2. kerryg profile image86
    kerrygposted 8 years ago

The Bible never mentions a wife, and I believe most Christians believe he died unmarried and a virgin. Untainted by all those nasty earthly pleasures and all that.

From a historical perspective, there are a few years where we don't really know anything about what he was doing, and I don't think it's unreasonable to suppose that he might have had a wife, but there's nothing to suggest he did either. I don't think anyone will ever know for sure.

As for associating himself with beautiful women, he actually had a tendency to associate himself with the dregs of society at that time. Some scholars believe that Mary Magdalene, the main female follower that we know of from the Bible, may have been an epileptic. Epileptic fits were regarded as possession by demons in that period, and there is a reference in Luke to Jesus having cast seven devils out of her. She is also commonly believed to be a reformed prostitute, but the Bible doesn't mention anything of the kind.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Magdalene

3. profile image0
    mdawson17posted 8 years ago

The Bible says that Jesus was not married! Jesus came to serve a purpose! I have yet to see anywhere in the bible where it specifically states he was married or indulged in a relationship!

4. spirituality profile image59
    spiritualityposted 8 years ago

There are people who think that Jesus was in fact married to Mary Magdalene and that the reason she's portrayed as a prostitute is that they wanted him to be seen as a virgin. From that perspective the marriage where he multiplied wine in the Bible may have been his own. The fact is that the gospel of Mary (apocryphical) shows Mary Magdalene to have been his favorite disciple.

working