jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why dpon't true Christians celebrate holidays?

1. niyokiphantom profile image60
    niyokiphantomposted 8 years ago

Why dpon't true Christians celebrate holidays?

2. profile image49
    midnytesposted 8 years ago

A true christian doesn't celebrate holidays because scripture says not to participate in pagaen holidays. All holidays are pagaen except the ones given by God himself to the Jewish people.

3. Kebennett1 profile image60
    Kebennett1posted 8 years ago

Who said "true" Christians don't celebrate holidays? I am a true Christian and I celebrate the Birth of my Savior, His Resurrection, Thanksgiving: when we give thanks for all He has given us (together as a family and extended family) my birthday: God allowed me to be born so why not celebrate it! I am His child! My Anniversary, the day the my husband and I were joined together in Holy matrimony in the eyes of God! He joined me with a wonderful man! Why not celebrate what God has joined together? I do not celebrate Easter, Halloween, etc... God is good! God is gracious! God is Love!

4. yes2truth profile image59
    yes2truthposted 8 years ago

Midnytes is correct. Mainstream Christian 'Holy' days are very unholy in that they are mostly papist or Roman Catholic in origin. This means they are heathen or pagan in origin.

All Rome did in order gather a following is incorporate all the heathen religions into its own and then call the incorporated heathen festivals religious names in order to make them sound Christian i.e. Christmas which in reality is the Feast of Sol Invictus the feast of the unconquered sun or to us in this modern age a winter solstice celebration.

True Christians can choose any day of the year and make it Holy to the Lord if they so desire but as long as they do not make it binding on their brothers and sisters.

working