jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you Believe in God? Or Science?

1. profile image53
    anil_fairdealposted 8 years ago

Do you Believe in God? Or Science?

2. HowToHypnotise profile image55
    HowToHypnotiseposted 8 years ago

Are these two things mutually exclusive?

Are you not comparing 'apples with oranges' as the saying goes?

I mean, stop and think about it ... Science is a process - period. It is a methodology for looking for repeatable results from a series of experiments and constructing a theory to explain the results ... and retesting. Science is this process.

The theories and ideas that are formed from this process are not science! How can one believe or not believe in a process? It is what it is! Do you perhaps mean that some of the theories that this process generates (e.g. evolution) cannot coexist with a belief in God?

God, on the other hand is an evolving idea that has morphed with the evolution of human thought over generations. When people talk about the clash of science and religion they are misrepresenting the clash (in my opinion). The clash is between some of the theories that the process of science put's forward and the current 'idea' that religion has about the nature of God.

And, as most children will have learned at science class in school, Copernicus put forward a theory that the Sun was the center of the Universe and not Earth ... that the planets circled the Sun ... this was a theory that explained the observations ... science as a process was born ... the theory was testable ... and the idea of God had to morph or change - religion at the time saw this as a heresy - but the process of science is not in question.

Hope this makes some sense for you and any others out there who ask this question.

3. Born Again 05 profile image81
    Born Again 05posted 8 years ago

I believe in God as the creator of the universe and everything that exists. I'm unsure of the comparison you are trying to make concerning science.

4. ms jessica marie profile image74
    ms jessica marieposted 8 years ago

i honestly think that they coincide together.  we need one for the other to exist.

5. topgunjager profile image60
    topgunjagerposted 8 years ago

God is science, he's a product of the science of imagination=)

6. HubCrafter profile image70
    HubCrafterposted 8 years ago

The Bible says that God is love.

Do YOU believe in love?

Now please try to imagine MY confusion....

Your question is kinda like..."Do you believe in love................. or science?

If you think about it, you're probably like everybody here. We all believe in both.

No problem, right?