jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Are you a kind and caring person?

1. maryladd profile image59
    maryladdposted 8 years ago

Are you a kind and caring person?

Do you fake being nice or are you a real.  Did you know it's really easy to spot a fake?

2. HappyHer profile image57
    HappyHerposted 8 years ago

I believe that fake nice is called being Smarmy.  I guess it's better to fake being nice than to just be mean though.  I would say I'm genuinely kind and nice, unless you are riding my bumper on the highway, especially if you are on your cell phone while you are doing it!

3. kimberleee profile image51
    kimberleeeposted 8 years ago

I'm reminded of the movie Breakfast at Tiffany's. 
    "Is she or isn't she?"
    "Is she or isn't she what?"
    "You know."
    "No, I don't know."
    "A phony!"
    "I don't think she is."
    "Well you're wrong...  and you're right.  She is a phony.  But she's a REAL phony.  Because she honestly believes in all this phony stuff she believes in."

...I don't actually like people.  But I don't know HOW to treat them with the disrespect they deserve.  So I'm generally mistaken for a kind and caring person.

4. The Grey Wolf profile image58
    The Grey Wolfposted 8 years ago

I'm not nice. I'm pragmatic and blunt. I'm polite about it though. I try not to make poeple unessisaraly angry but I don't dance around points. I mean what I say, though I don't always say what I mean.

5. Mr. Happy profile image82
    Mr. Happyposted 8 years ago

I am truthful and so that's not being "kind" sometimes ...

6. terced ojos profile image65
    terced ojosposted 8 years ago

Rules for Kindness and Caring.
    1)I am a kind and caring person if you just shut your mouth and do what I tell you to do when I tell you to do it. So yeah I'm a kind and caring person.

2)Read rule number one. big_smile

7. tlmcgaa70 profile image78
    tlmcgaa70posted 6 years ago

in all honesty, i try to help people as much as i can...i love to help people. i have strong empathy, which helps me to understand others. yet...i dont have much patience with people who have a problem yet shoot down all attempts at help, like they dont really want help. it irritates me to hear someone complaining all the time of their problem yet they refuse help, they refuse to make changes that will alleviate their problem. i have watched others deal with these types of people and have mixed feelings of confusion (why do they waste their time? why cater to them? etc...) and being impressed with their seeming unlimited amount of patience. i wonder if i am lacking and in need of improvements or are they just exceptional people...or both.