jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What Does The Bible Says About Tattoos?

1. ngureco profile image82
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

What Does The Bible Says About Tattoos?

2. profile image0
    spidlel52posted 8 years ago

Leviticus 19:28 - Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD. 

Of course the Bible is meant for our instruction and learning.  The practice was prohibited because the children of Isreal were cutting themselves and burning tattoos in honor of the dead and idols which of course is a dishonor to God.  He is First!

3. topgunjager profile image59
    topgunjagerposted 8 years ago

so if I do good things in life without believing in God and getting a tattoo, would I really go to hell?

4. profile image49
    ShellyBell39posted 6 years ago

topgunjager, I will be forthright and honest with you on your question, your question being, "...If I do good things in life without believing in God... Would I really go to hell?"  The answer is, Yes you will unfortunately go to Hell. It doesn't matter if you believe in God or not, He is still there and still exists. 

I can sit there all day and not believe in cops, and do what I want but I assure you that the moment I go and steal something the cops will be there to arrest me, but if I told the judge the reason I did what I did is because I don't believe you exist, I think I would be laughed out of the courtroom. 

Being in your shoes before, I have come to realize that the only reason I didn't want to believe that God existed is because I wanted to do what I wanted to do and if I didn't believe in God then there would be no consequences to my actions. But I was wrong, now I'm dealing with my son on this matter.  He says that God does not exist because if he did then He is a cruel God and does not give free will so therefore He does not exist. 

But mainly it's because he wants to be detached and do what he wants, he's not bad at all he just wants his "Freedom" from the responsibilities of living the life that God has laid out for us to live.

We all know that our every action has a consequences, it can be a reward or a punishment. I think you know the answer to your own question but you are looking for Justification which there is none. 

As far as being "good", the Bible states in Mark 10:17-18,

"17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?

18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

The Bible has laid out the way of escape, To

1. Believe On Him,
    2. Repent For Your Sins
    3. Be Baptized In Jesus Name
    4. Receive The Gift Of The Holy Ghost

It's only one way to God, not by works and not by just being "Good" we have to follow according to the plan of Salvation laid out for us in the Word of God. 

Sorry, but when we die we are not going to the ground and just staying there, we are going to have to give an account one day, let's hope you make the decision to do what's right
    The Bible says: Hebrews 9:27-28, it is appointed that every man lives only once and then the judgement,.

As far as the tattoo question, I think you already know the answer to that too.

The Bible says that our bodies are the Temple of God and to not defile it:

1 Corinthians 6:19-20: "What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's

We do not belong to ourselves but we in truth belong to God when we give ourselves over to Him, otherwise you belong to Satan, it is free choice.

There is no bargaining over it, you belong to one or the other.

Tattoos have spirits attached to them, I do not have the time to go into that right now and I would love to go into the spiritual influiences of tattoos, and just because the tattoo says God or Jesus on it does not mean it's right. It's still a tattoo and it's still a defilement to the body which God has given us.

Hopefully this helps, please feel free to comment or ask questions.

Hope this helps, and God Bless.