jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does Satan want man to believe God exists in each man?

1. pjk_artist profile image64
    pjk_artistposted 8 years ago

Does Satan want man to believe God exists in each man?

Are there any examples in Biblical scripture of Satan/Lucifer/Devil trying to convince man that God is not separate or external to man but rather exists/lives/sleeps in the heart of man?

2. HOOWANTSTONO profile image58
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 8 years ago

No Satan wants man to believe he is God. Satan also wants man to believe there is no God. Satan also wants man to believe man is ok without God. Satan also wants man to believe in his own Religions he created. There are millions of verses that tell you these things, just be carefull, you dont trip on them, or bump your head on them.

3. goldenpath profile image72
    goldenpathposted 8 years ago

YES!  Absolutely.  Everywhere that states that He is but a spirit is extremely taken out of context.  Everything we do here is a similitude of things to come and things in eternity.  We are told that we are literal spirit offspring of God.  I sustain this.  However, scripture expressly states that Jesus Christ is the Only Begotten of the Father.  I sustain this as well.  Through the Spirit, or Holy Ghost, Mary conceived and bore Jesus. 

Jesus, and all of us, have mortal bodies.  Why - if it were not so with God?  Our bodies are ours to eventually fill the measure of our spirits and dwell as a part of us forever.  This is the only gift given to all who have been granted to journey in the flesh upon the Earth, not those who were cast out with Lucifer.  Simple reason bears witness to us that God the Father is our Father and dwells in a tabernacle of flesh and bone - perfected!  This is the great secret constantly suppressed by Satan.  It is the fact that just as the pattern of families are here on Earth so it is with our Father.  He, too, once journeyed as we are and have conquered all things ill to the spirit and has qualified for perfection.  We, too, are granted the same promise IF we prove ourselves worthy.  The doctrine is filled with positive light and should be shared to all the world.

Thanks for the question.

4. salebyowner profile image50
    salebyownerposted 8 years ago

There are scriptures that say that Satan tries to convnce man that he is equal to God. I am not aware of scripture that say what you're saying if you mean that God does not exist outside of man, because He does.

God says that he exists both internally and externally of man. He is not separate by any means.

5. kawsar ahmad profile image59
    kawsar ahmadposted 7 years ago

I havent heard anything like that from any scripture or so yet but of course Satan would love that as one of his many deceptions taking people away from God. The main point is that Satan wants people to stop praising God and follow him instead out of jealousy for God creating mankind. You could say that he wants them to praise him by following sin