jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Have you ever felt God's presence???

1. NeverCeaseToCare profile image52
    NeverCeaseToCareposted 8 years ago

Have you ever felt God's presence???

2. shayari profile image60
    shayariposted 8 years ago

No. In fact I am agnostic and of the belief that God was created by man to serve his own psychological needs. It gives you a soothing feeling that you always have someone to behind you. Ironically, people remember God in tough times, but hardly anyone thinks of god/religion when they do wrong things rather consciously.

3. Shealy Healy profile image60
    Shealy Healyposted 8 years ago

Standing and watching my four year old daughter and my now deceased step dad-I stood for that moment silent and watched them at play. Nothing but gentle grandchild and granddad love between them. My own self dissapeared in that moment. I noticed my lips were turned into a shape that resembled the American way of saying "hello"- a smile. There was a smile on my face, a real smile on my lips-not the one that we have all learned to display. It was real like God. In that moment I was touched, happy-truely happy in my heart....I was looking at God.

4. mbwalz profile image89
    mbwalzposted 8 years ago

I feel the presence of God in every tree, in every sunset, in every new snow, full moon, everytime I celebrate Winter Solstice, Easter in a Unitarian Universalist tradition, and when I feel overwhelming love and good among human kind.

I was agnostic until I had a friend with whom I discussed everything from chemistry, evolution, quantum physics to the Bible and my beliefs as a UU. One day I just let go of my doubt and went, doi! God is everywhere and has created such an incredible Universe for us. And it all clicked for me!

During meditation, I feel God always.

working