jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Have you ever felt like giving up?

1. algarveview profile image89
    algarveviewposted 5 years ago

Have you ever felt like giving up?

From what and why? And have you?

2. msorensson profile image72
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

Many times on many things...mostly in graduate school..the frustration of working so hard and not seeing the end..No I did not..as the decision rested only upon me, I persisted.

3. sarahmoose profile image77
    sarahmooseposted 5 years ago

I have felt like giving up a lot, sometimes on everything, but this is a side effect of my depression. My main thing I struggle with is trying to get into the career I want at the moment, as the job market isn't the easiest place, but I keep trying to pick myself up.

4. Vegas Elias profile image27
    Vegas Eliasposted 5 years ago

Yes many times for a short time. It's a very fleeting moment when I felt like giving up on several occasions. However I am in the habit of searching for some good in everything that happens to me. The moment I do this I get out of the feeling of giving up.

5. profile image68
    win-winresourcesposted 5 years ago

Heo Algarveview-

I'm not quite sure how to read your question.

Have I ever given up a bad habit?  Not as many as I should have.
    Have I given up on a person arriving at a reasonable answer/solution?  Yes, and usually sadly.
    Have I given up on pursuit of a personal goal or task?  Can't remember consciously doing so, but may well have by default.
    Have I ever felt like suicide?  No.  Tomorrow can always be a better day, as long as there is a tomorrow.

6. Angela Blair profile image81
    Angela Blairposted 5 years ago

Don't think I've ever felt like giving up -- but felt like "giving in" many, many times. There are some of life's hurdles one would rather just give in to and ignore than even approach. When one gets right down to it we don't have that choice if we intend to keep living productive lives -- or for that fact any type of life at all. It's said "we see through a mirror now darkly" and understanding all of life's trials and tribulations is far beyond our understanding and ultimately discouraging. Give up -- never until death. Give in -- when prudence is the better part of valor.

7. profile image0
    Hubert Williamsposted 5 years ago

Many times I have wished that I would not wake up the next day. Many times I have wished that my brakes would fail or steering break while going down a mountain road. Many times I have prayed, "God, if you have no further use for me, could I please die, now?" I am still alive. What more can I add?