Scientology?

1. boutlife profile image59
    boutlifeposted 8 years ago

Scientology?

I stumble across more and more google ads that talk about Scientology. I have picked a book on this subject and read about 60 pages but I didn't really got what it was about.
    Can any of you explain me as simply as possible what's the secret behind it?

2. Mrscicero profile image60
    Mrsciceroposted 8 years ago

Scientology is more than one thing. There is a body of ideas and practice, attributed to L. Ron Hubbard, which many people find helpful and/ or workable, to varying degrees. Then there is the Church of Scientology, its organizations and policies and management, which asserts that it is sole owner and controller of the body of ideas -- but of course, it is no such thing. The ideas include: we are spiritual beings, we have lived before and will live again; we are basically good, but are influenced into darkness by our "reactive mind", which Scientology can help us to shed; a person has a body and a mind, but IS the soul, the being, what Scientologists call the "thetan" (using the Greek letter "theta" to stand for the spiritual essence of which we are all made). Having been involved in it intensely from the age of 17 to 37, I heartily recommend that you avoid the organization.

3. Anne Scullard profile image72
    Anne Scullardposted 8 years ago

A load of hogwash. Don't go there. Try Christianity, much better.  Everybody are considered on the same level and you will never experience more love than the love of Jesus. Where as what I have read about it,  your level in Scientology are determined by your salary check. Your whole life gets taken over by these people.  These articles I've read about people who were members, they had to, literally, escape from it, some even had to change their identity.

working