jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Is Scientology a religion?

1. xmetow profile image87
    xmetowposted 5 years ago

Is Scientology a religion?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6961539_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    rickyliceaposted 5 years ago

Yes, it's based on faith and belief, not on empirical evidence, just like every other religion. The only difference is that Scientology is relatively new and quite annoying, and pro-censorship.

1. lone77star profile image83
      lone77starposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Actually @rickylicea, Scientology is based upon empirical evidence in the study of spirit and its impact on the body.

3. lone77star profile image83
    lone77starposted 5 years ago

Scientology is absolutely a religion. It has become heavily politicized. Since the death of its founder, it has also become far more focused on money. I suspect that bad hats have invaded the religion and derailed its mission. It's also possible, that ego merely got the best of it and it naturally decayed from egotistical forces. Pity.

Scientology originally did a great deal of good, despite all the controversy. Empirical studies of the spiritual nature of man led to thousands of processes discovered to have beneficial spiritual benefit. And because spirit is superior to the body, the body would benefit, too.

One of their key aims was to increase awareness, and it did that powerfully. Some people in government did not like that -- some who like to keep dark secrets. I first learned about the Bilderberg group and the Trilateral Commission while studying in Scientology. The Bilderberg (Rockefellers, Rothschilds, etc) are responsible for most of the wars in the last couple of centuries. The Rockefellers and their ilk are responsible for 9/11, if we can believe the late Hollywood producer, Aaron Russo. Because of the brave work of 2,000 scientists, engineers and architects (www.AE911truth.org), we now know that 9/11 was an inside job. Perhaps Mr. Russo was right.

I couldn't stand the politics and the heavy-handedness in Scientology, but don't regret for a moment all that I've gained from my few years in that religion. I feel it made me a far better Christian. I learned from my experiences there that I was indeed a spiritual being. And that was worth all the money in the world.

4. JamesGrantSmith profile image58
    JamesGrantSmithposted 4 years ago

Scientology is indeed a form of religion, most people would class it more as a cult, than a religion, but really whats the difference.....

5. stas karimov profile image59
    stas karimovposted 19 months ago

No! Any real religion is a way to stop ANY suffering. Money can not stop the pain and suffering.

working