jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is there any person who is happy without religion?

1. H P Roychoudhury profile image48
    H P Roychoudhuryposted 8 years ago

Is there any person who is happy without religion?

2. sasanqua profile image81
    sasanquaposted 8 years ago

Yes, I have known athiests you were perfectly happy. I've also met religious people who were miserable! However, I feel there are some people, for example Christians, who survive tough and/or tragic circumstances by having faith they will go to Heaven when they die, and find comfort in the belief their suffering is all God's will.

3. Owl Ka Myst profile image61
    Owl Ka Mystposted 8 years ago

I believe it can.
    While religion may sooth some woes and offer guidance in hard times, true happiness comes from within.
    What the ingredients are for that personal happiness is as unique as a fingerprint.

4. serenitysheir profile image55
    serenitysheirposted 8 years ago

I could ask the same question the other way. I have no religion and i think im okay happy. But i don't think i could be happy in a religion. I would always be afraid that i would sin right before death and then go to hell. I could not live in fear that religion causes. I think i am happy because i have no religion. So yeah I can be happy with out religion

5. suny51 profile image56
    suny51posted 7 years ago

people never learn anything by being told, they have to find out for themselves.

6. technorican profile image60
    technoricanposted 7 years ago

Religion makes some people very self-righteous, judgmental, and cruel. So many wars involve religious conflict. I don't get it. Spirituality is what brings out the truth, beauty, and happiness in a person.