jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why Do Many Preachers Avoid Telling The Truth That, ‘God Helps Those Who Help Th

1. ngureco profile image83
    ngurecoposted 8 years ago

Why Do Many Preachers Avoid Telling The Truth That, ‘God Helps Those Who Help Themselves’?

2. dabeaner profile image55
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

They would be admitting that the concept of "God" is superfluous.

3. pilgrimboy profile image70
    pilgrimboyposted 8 years ago

Because sometimes God helps those who don't deserve help.  That's what grace is.

4. Born Again 05 profile image80
    Born Again 05posted 8 years ago

Who ever said that the phrase, 'God helps those who help themselves' is the truth? If it's Biblical please show me where it is in the Bible! I've been in many situations, unable to help myself, but through prayer, God has shown me His mercy and grace to see me through. God is full of love, compassion, forgiveness, mercy and grace.  All anyone needs to do is to come humbly before Him, repent of your sin (believing in the finished work of His Son Jesus on the cross) thereby becoming a child of God. He will then work in your life, changing that which needs to be changed and pour out His blessings upon you. Your Heavenly Father rightly seeks your love, adoration and obedience.

5. moneycop profile image77
    moneycopposted 6 years ago

A true Saint, in fact, never grants worldly things to people. Moreover it has already been explained in the first part of this book that a person receives pains and pleasures in the world according to the actions of his past lives. Therefore God or a Saint has nothing to do with a person's material deficiencies. read more