jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What Does God Want To Teach Us When He Allows Innocent Babies To Be Born Sickly?

1. Flavie Lolol profile image77
    Flavie Lololposted 8 years ago

What Does God Want To Teach Us When He Allows Innocent Babies To Be Born Sickly?

2. dabeaner profile image57
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

That he "loves" you and is a big fan of "America's Funniest Home Videos".

3. thooghun profile image82
    thooghunposted 8 years ago

That morality is a human convention.

Assuming he did exist.

4. profile image0
    Phoebe Pikeposted 8 years ago

When I was born, I was very sick. I had cancer of the blood and I was born over a month early. I am healthy now, but my sister's baby was born very ill and died about nine hours later. My mom has always been a die-hard Christian, so once I asked her why I was born sick, and why God would take baby Ronnie (My sister's) away from her. She told me that God gives us pain, but he also gives us happiness. And if Ronnie had lived, he would have been in pain every single day of his life because his body was so badly damaged. In a way, when babies die, it could be seen as mercy. But I think that God gives us sick children to show us strength. I have worked with children who have been born with some major disabilities, but they are some of the strongest people I have ever met. I believe God gives us all tests for us and from those tests we have to discover ourselves. Even if our bodies are not as strong as we would like them to be. But it's not our bodies that God loves, but what's inside of them... our souls.

5. Ohma profile image74
    Ohmaposted 8 years ago

A preacher once tried to explain the silliness about the sins of the father being visited on the son when I asked this question.

6. davidwpa profile image59
    davidwpaposted 8 years ago

I think maybe to a degree God wants to teach us compassion, tolerance and understanding.

In the case of mothers who abuse their bodies while pregnant and not thinking of their child, a sickly baby may not be a punishment but rather a consequence of their actions and in that case maybe God is teaching them that everything has a price.

Another perspective is if we look at this from the idea that we are all souls on a long journey that bring us to this planet several times over our existence, then it is entirely possible that God is not teach the family anything but that soul of the child is learning how to cope with these extreme circumstances to learn for future existences.