jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Am I at risk for not being baptised? Risk of rejection from GOD or attracting ne

1. profile image41
    carrie robtoyposted 7 years ago

Am I at risk for not being baptised? Risk of rejection from GOD or attracting negative and evil?

2. profile image49
    Jay Hunterposted 7 years ago

Think of it this way.  What if one of your children was difficult all their life, rejected you, was even mean to you, and did lots of things you didn't like, and then you see them fall into a lake, and they can't swim - what would you do???  You would jump right in and save them, because you gave birth to them, and you love them no matter what they may do. Why would God reject you, since you are His creation?
    Baptism is a Christian sacrament, and very important to those who wish to declare their beliefs, or to those who dedicate their babies.  But, when all is said and done, should you reach your last breath without baptism, and God reaches for you, will you turn away.  I think not. 
    You won't attract evil unless you are attracted to evil, by your own intent.
    Of course, you do realize that there are many varied opinions on this subject.  I happen to believe that God is a loving father who never gives up on us, and never gives us up.

3. barbara yulia profile image54
    barbara yuliaposted 7 years ago

I also happen to believe that God is a loving father. And I've noticed that Jesus' first and most important commandment is to love God and others as you love yourself.

So as long as you practice love, kindness and generosity towards others, than you yourself have become the 'face of God'. You reflect his love towards all of us, his children. So as long as you focus on positive things then, with God's help, you can avoid evil.

Because it is not the baptism that make someone worthy in the Lord's eyes, it is what's in your heart and also your actions. I'm a catholic myself but my father is a moslem. From my experience, I truly understand the phrase "there are many roads that lead to Rome".

4. Born Again 05 profile image80
    Born Again 05posted 7 years ago

In John 3:3, Jesus said to Nicodemus, " Most assuredly I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the Kingdom of God."  To be born again, one must acknowledge being a sinner, repent of their sin and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Baptism is the public confession that one has been born again and is trusting in Jesus alone for their salvation. Trusting in Christ alone assures you of entering into eternal life with the Lord. Baptism itself does not give you that assurance but only affirms publicly that you have made the decision to follow Christ. Jesus commanded His disciples, " Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit".  Jesus Himself was baptized in obedience to the Father's command before beginning His ministry. Just a note for those of you who believe in "good works".  Isaiah 64:8 says, "All your righteousnesses are like filthy rags". That's what a Holy God thinks of people who try to earn their way into Heaven!

working