jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have you ever fasted?

1. Sky321 profile image76
    Sky321posted 7 years ago

Have you ever fasted?

If so for what reason?

2. Cagsil profile image61
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

I have never had the need to fast. I have a very high metabolism and constantly exerting energy, which usually absorbs whatever proteins I eat from the food I do eat. I do not eat much either, but when I do, I really do. smile

3. saddlerider1 profile image70
    saddlerider1posted 7 years ago

I don't fast but I cleanse for 10 days every few months, I lose 10 lbs most times but feel so energized after the cleanse. The idea behind cleansing is to take as much toxins out of one's body. I feel so much better after each cleanse.

4. Judah's Daughter profile image81
    Judah's Daughterposted 7 years ago

It was an incredible experience, last time I fasted.  Here I thought I was fasting for a particular burden; however, the Lord took me in a completely different direction and gave me scripture after scripture to share with a neighbor!!  I asked her to come over and we went through the passages together.  She got saved that night.  Amazing!!!

5. terced ojos profile image65
    terced ojosposted 7 years ago

I typically fast at least twice a month for 3 days at a time.  No food no water.

I occasionally fast for seven days.  3 days no food no water; 4 days water and vegetables.

For the spiritually discerning Christian these are powerful times.  The Holy Spirit works wonders within and without our persons at these times.

Things we might be struggling with or prayers we have been seeking the answers to get answered.

Closed to reply