jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Are spirituality & faith dependant on each other?

1. Ken R. Abell profile image82
    Ken R. Abellposted 7 years ago

Are spirituality & faith dependant on each other?

2. aka-dj profile image76
    aka-djposted 7 years ago

Unequivocally, YES.
    Every person who claims to be "spiritual" goes on to state what they believe. The object of that faith can be anything, but the FAITH is the same.
    Without faith, there is no spirituality, and vice versa.

3. GMLegendary profile image56
    GMLegendaryposted 7 years ago

Well first I think it should be cleared up what faith actually means. Whenever anybody hears the word faith, they think religion when in all actuality, it is applied in many areas of my life. Faith is simply believing and trusting in something that is uncertain. For example, if you get a car with another driver, you are having FAITH that the person is not going to swerve into the oncoming traffic. We have faith everywhere in our lives, just in different amounts. So in your question, if you consider spirituality to be completely convinced of the truth in your beliefs, then I would say faith would have to be a part of it. Cold hard facts and evidence only get you so far, and then faith is like the bridge from that point to 100% certainty. I happen to be Christian so I have faith in my beliefs. But I am glad that I don't need as MUCH faith due to the sufficient evidence and facts supporting what I believe.

4. terced ojos profile image66
    terced ojosposted 7 years ago

Hmmm...Interesting question.

Prior to becoming a Christian and being Holy Spirit filled. I was a spiritual person.

I had faith in that I believed in spiritual things.

I'm thinking about people who have seen or experienced spiritual things prior to having faith in them.....

I would say no...spiritual things exist whether or not we believe in or have faith in them...on occasion those spiritual forces can make themselves known to us...the subsequent encounter can engender our faith or belief in them...

working