jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What Is Mankind Living For?

1. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 7 years ago

What Is Mankind Living For?

Are we simply here to take everything we can take then die?

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Since this question was posted in the religious & beliefs - christianity - theology & religious discussion section, I would take a guess that you are looking for a religious explanation to your question.

Otherwise, I would say that the proper place for it would happen to be under knowledge and education - self education - knowledge and wisdom.

To answer your question, I will leave out any religious view and address it, based on sane, rational and reasoned logic. What is Mankind(Humankind) Living For?

The basic understanding of our life is to know that it is "you" the individual who is in control.  It is your individual responsibility to protect your life and the life of others, through honest action.

You are to love yourself, as well as those around you. You are to create meaning and/or purpose for your own existence. If you are looking for a reason why you are here? Answer: Your parents had kids. And, Yes, it is that simple.

Thank you for your time

3. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 7 years ago

The one thing about countries where people can be free is they can be allowed to express their point of view.

Thank you for sharing yours.

4. profile image60
    foreignpressposted 7 years ago

Mankind (humankind as some prefer) lives for dreams. Regardless how bad the present is, or one's experiences in the past, the future always holds rays of hope.
       A second interpretation is that we have an inherent gene that gives us a will to live no matter what. If you have never been faced with death it's hard to understand. But we, as humans, have overcome sometimes insurmountable obstacles and have survived. In good times we thrive. In bad times we find a way to live when other animal species have died.