jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Should women dress provocatively when attending church services? I attended a ch

1. misterdiggs profile image57
    misterdiggsposted 7 years ago

Should women dress provocatively when attending church services? I attended a church once that had..

several people; men and women who really struggled with sexual addiction and lust. I witnessed a number of the sisters dressing very provocatively while attending church. Mini-skirts, push up bras, breasts in your face. Well you get the picture.  My brother in Christ asked the sisters on different occasions if they would please dress more modestly.   They told him he needed to die to his physical attraction and lust to the way they were dressed.  Should the women have dressed more modestly?

2. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 7 years ago

LOL... spiritual common sense tells a person how to dress to be in gods presence and also this scripture:
    1 Timothy 2:9   In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with humble expression and common sense; not with flamboyantly styled hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array; (or makeup, earrings, necklaces or rings other than marriage ring)
    In brackets is my addendum.

3. profile image0
    cillamposted 7 years ago

I am not a god fearing person but I do think that if someone is going to church they should dress with respect.

4. philli profile image83
    philliposted 5 years ago

Absolutely, everyone should dress modestly at church. The only exception that I can think of is if a skimpily dressed party girl or street walker had a sudden realization that she needed to change and came to church as she was. In that case, not a problem. If it is a Christian woman, I don't think that anyone would have to ask them to change the way they dressed. But, not every churchgoer is a Christian.