jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Where do you stand on your religious beliefs or lack of?

1. schoolgirlforreal profile image82
    schoolgirlforrealposted 7 years ago

Where do you stand on your religious beliefs or lack of?

2. schoolgirlforreal profile image82
    schoolgirlforrealposted 7 years ago

I'm a believer in Christ, I'm Catholic but also believe in the Bible as Baptists do. I believe in being good but not fanatical.

3. profile image0
    GloryAtWillposted 7 years ago

To me, a religious belief is going to be more then half the time actually self limiting, religion just really doesn't do nearly as much good in the world as it seems to proclaim, and the thing is that in the past we only see more clearly all the corruption and entirely mislead thinking of even the "catholic church" you know?

Weren't most wars caused by the church? I mean if the church had good people building the foundations of it, I could trust it more but I mean there was a collapse of the church in the 1500s and all these people trying to reform it! Clearly how crazy the churchs history really has been just covered up and if priests took advantage of kids I can only imagine what part the devil has been really playing through the church and "religion" ..

Were not suppose to be proud that we hold different religious traditions from other people, as if ours is superior from others (I remember so much of this attitude when I was young, dont you?!), you know as if many christians will openly proclaim that "Jesus is the SON OF GOD" and all that... We are suppose to "come together as one!" as John Lennon said. What I really mean by this is that its not about what tradition you are a part of but rather the energy that it allows you to open yourself up to.

4. Shadow Of Elisha profile image59
    Shadow Of Elishaposted 7 years ago

To explain everything I believe and stand for, would take way too much time. Church history reveals that mankind has failed in coming to an agreement of what is apparently right and wrong. Most division in the body of Christ has come about due to man-made theological points-of-view. Other reasons range from political power, to the wiping out of whole nations and/or races!

Its not about traditions, man-made theology and especially not "energy" that you supposedly open up to (that's just new-age theology)! It is whether you accept what God did for you, and who you are because of what He did. If believing exactly what God's Word says to be absolute truth is fanatical, then I'm fanatical! As long as there is this world, there will always be wars and rumors of wars...it's Biblical! The real questions here are

Are you willing to lay aside everything you've been taught in your life to pursue God and find out what He has in store for you? Or, are you willing to walk a "safe path" for the sake of dodging being called a fanatic?

Many early Christian believers were martyred for Christ's sake. They were called fanatics. They were called heretics. They were called blasphemers. Could you handle that kind of ridicule? If not...then maybe you should consider another path. Jesus said, "This day I lay before you life and death, blessing and cursing. Choose life." The choice is yours to make. The line is drawn. Choose this day whom you will serve saith the LORD.

Closed to reply

working