jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Have you ever wanted to discover the truth about the Gospel and the atonement of

1. Shadow Of Elisha profile image60
    Shadow Of Elishaposted 7 years ago

Have you ever wanted to discover the truth about the Gospel and the atonement of Christ without...

denominational interference? What if you could see some hidden truths in the Bible without the man-made perspectives of denominational differences. Would you be interested? Would you be willing to lay aside everything you've been taught previously? What if the answer was presented right now. What would you do? The line is drawn:

You decide:
    Either you forsake the truth for fellowship, or foresake fellowship for the truth. What would be your decision?

2. micadeolu profile image50
    micadeoluposted 7 years ago

This is the very thing I am presently experiencing. I discovered some truths in the bible and has left me amazed.

3. Wbisbill profile image66
    Wbisbillposted 7 years ago

Contained within your question is an assumption that there is something evil about the word "denomination."  I have dealt with this repeatedly in my ministry over the years.  It is true that we must all work out our own salvation with "fear and trembling" (KJV Bible).
    The word denomination simply means, "a subgroup."  The very thing that those who fight the denominations form in their fellowship is another denomination!  Any study of Christian church history easily reveals this. 
    I have friends in their zeal to be independent from mainstream (and it is mainstream for a reason!) form their own subgroups, and eventually align themselves with a leader which teaches what they want to hear.
    Real Christians have far more in common that not.  The atoning, redemptive blood and sacrifice of Christ makes us one.
    There are no subgroups in heaven, but here we all have opinions, and often they differ.  The danger with being too independent is that you might end up drinking someone else s "cool aide!"

4. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

If you want a truth in the Bible that might change your way of thinking look in the Book of Jeremiah: Chapter 1 verses 4 and 5.
    If you can't get it, please feel free to contact me personally and I'll explain what I mean.

Brother Dave.