jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Do you follow a pastor, a denomination, a creed or simply Jesus ?

1. Christinme profile image57
    Christinmeposted 5 years ago

Do you follow a pastor, a denomination, a creed or simply  Jesus ?

Why does man get in the way of us having a true relationship with Jesus Christ?

2. backporchstories profile image80
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

I simply follow the teachings of Jesus.  I visit churches and may attend a couple consistantly, both specific denomination and another non-denominational.  I come from a family of preachers!  But I do not bound myself to any of these, but to the spirit of Jesus that lives in my heart as well as each one of us.

1. Christinme profile image57
      Christinmeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thankyou for stopping by. I simply have a relationship with Jesus through the Holy spirit inside of me. It saddens me when "Christians" judge each other by creeds and denominations.

3. Melindas Mind profile image70
    Melindas Mindposted 5 years ago

We go to a church, but we don't follow that church. When looking for a new church, the first thing we look to see if they follow Jesus or if they're following a denomination or a pastor. While we've gone to denominational churches before, we aren't denominational ourselves because we don't feel that it's Christ-like. In fact, Paul was pretty adamantly against divisions in the church.

In short, we follow Jesus to the best of our ability.

4. expertscolumn profile image74
    expertscolumnposted 5 years ago

I think this question is a bit loaded, because no one intents on following a pastor, or denomination or a creed, they all start out following Jesus but persistent attendance and a lack of personal relationship with Jesus will lead one, in my perspective to defaulty follow the pastor, denomination or other social groups or institutions.

working