jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is Jesus, Michael, the archangel?

1. True Truthseeker profile image75
    True Truthseekerposted 7 years ago

Is Jesus, Michael, the archangel?

Acts 7:53 (New International Version)
    53you who have received the law that was put into effect through angels but have not obeyed it."
    Galatians 3:19 (English Standard Version)
    19Why then the law?(A) It was added because of transgressions,(B) until the offspring should come to whom the promise had been made, and it was(C) put in place through angels(D) by an intermediary.

2. jondav profile image74
    jondavposted 7 years ago

No-one knows, no-one will ever know. He could be Dave the postman as far as we are concerned.

3. Dave Barnett profile image53
    Dave Barnettposted 7 years ago

Jesus said this: I am a priest of the order of Melchesidek (variant spellings exist) What or who Melchesidek was or is is " The eternal prophet, he who never dies" (quotes are my own) Good Luck with that one. If you check my hubs, you'll learn more, but keep in mind it's A WIP, and I haven't really touched on much of anything. YET! And, no I'm not Dave the postman LOL

4. AuraEmber profile image56
    AuraEmberposted 7 years ago

In many of the gospels Jesus said he was the son of God. The Old Testament provides knowledge that angels were created by God, they are therefore not God's son. So, if angels are holy and are in God's favor they won't try to deceive people. So either Jesus was the son of God or he was a nutcase, there aren't many other options.

5. micadeolu profile image48
    micadeoluposted 7 years ago

To me I will discuss this issue without religious bigotry. I will rather be as modern and logical as possible. You see all religion and beliefs and concept of God's existence belong to the dream world; world where there is no law guiding it. It is a place of total freedom and bliss.

Anything can issue from there and there is nothing anybody can do about it.

But when it gets to this part of creation, it must follow a law and pattern of existence for it to endure. so all these issue of discussion can and will NEVER be understood until you remove the use of our human use of languages and letters in expressing it.

the only way to express God, creation or nature is by acting it. So wether Jesus, Michael are the Archangel or not will not make us to see God.

6. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

No Jesus is the Son of God. Michael the arc-angel is an angel, not God.