why is speaking in tongues important?

1. profile image46
    janks2003posted 7 years ago

why is speaking in tongues important?

will i know when or if i spoke in tongues when it occurs

2. micadeolu profile image48
    micadeoluposted 7 years ago

When you speak in tongues, it is not you that speaks but your spirit. I compare it to laughter. When you laugh you are temporary out of the control of youself but the situation.
    The sme thing with speaking in tongues. You know you are speaking but cannot control or understands what you are saying, but a holy situation and power compells you to continue speaking.

But later as you gain maturity in your walk with God, the Holy spirit continues to decipher what you or another person speaks in the spirit by a word and spirit of knowledge. That type that ministers to you when you know someone is lying or saying the truth as he speaks.

3. Shadow Of Elisha profile image60
    Shadow Of Elishaposted 7 years ago

Speaking in tongues is praying in the Spirit (Holy GHost). It is for the unbeliever, and not for those that believe:

1Corinthians 14:22 "Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe."

Tongues are also used to edify the church as well:

1Corinthians 14:5 "I would that ye all spake with tongues, but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying."

Trust me....you'll know when you speak in tongues. God's power is awesome, and it's at that very moment, you'll feel a change like never before!