jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

How do i lean to speak in tongue? Is speaking in tongue evidence for having the

1. profile image44
    Ardomposted 7 years ago

How do i lean to speak in tongue? Is speaking in tongue evidence for having the Holy Spirit? details

2. kookoo88 profile image60
    kookoo88posted 7 years ago

Well, if speaking in tongues means a person is possessed by the Holy Spirit, then the only way to learn would be to get possessed by the Holy Spirit.

Also, there's a language barrier there.  Unless you understand what's being said, how can you tell whether the Holy Spirit is speaking through you or if it's some sort of demon screwing with your head?

3. dabeaner profile image56
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

It helps if you are a schizophrenic.  Otherwise, I think various mushrooms and drugs help.

Speaking in tongues is simply evidence that one is wacko or drugged out.  No mystery there.

4. mizz. white profile image56
    mizz. whiteposted 7 years ago

You don't learn to speak in tongue. The Holy Spirit takes over and God takes over your speech.

5. topgunjager profile image61
    topgunjagerposted 7 years ago

the stupidity is so overwhelming I don't even know what to say=)

6. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

it's evidence that your delusional. speaking in tongues is got to be one of the funniest concepts ever invented by believers . dabeaner put it best so i'll just agree with him.

7. matthewchomba profile image74
    matthewchombaposted 7 years ago

You learn to speak in tongues by faith. That means that you believe after asking God to baptize you in the Holy Spirit that He has indeed baptized you. Then you open your mouth and starting speaking. Begin by saying alleluia, alleluia, ..... The alleluia will turn to a bubbling language. Continue with it, thats tongues.

Yes, speaking in tongues is the only evidence in the bible for having received the Holy Ghost. Don't settle for less.

God bless you.
    ur welcome.

8. affishv profile image71
    affishvposted 7 years ago

Speaking in tongues is a gift of the Holy Spirit like other gifts such as prophecies, healing etc. You cannot learn it. You need not "speak in tongues" to prove that you have the Holy Spirit. The very fact that you accept Jesus as your personal savior, is proof that the Holy Spirit has convicted your heart.

9. drbillfannin profile image59
    drbillfanninposted 7 years ago

I hear Rosetta Stone is a good course for learning a foreign tongue.

Seriously, many people have no idea what speaking in tongues means. It is very clear in the Bible if people would just read it and pay attention. In Jesus' time there were a lot of dialects and languages intermingling in that region of the world. Many trade routes went through the region. It was under control of Rome. There were at least 10 languages spoken in the region.

If one would bother to read the Bible, it clearly states that the people began speaking in tongues, but not to do it unless there was an interpreter so that all could be edified by the message. Why churches want to wail some gibberish garbage and claim it is the Holy Ghost is beyond me. That is an insult to the Spirit and God. Can you not see a bunch of people of different languages testifying in their native language instead of the more common Greek and Latin?

It's that simple. Gibberish is not speaking in tongues, but it might just be the work of demons.

working