jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

My husband passed away recently and though he wasnt pronounced until he was at t

1. Missi Darnell profile image64
    Missi Darnellposted 7 years ago

My husband passed away recently and though he wasnt pronounced until he was at the hospital in...

my heart I know he was gone here at home. Myself and two of my children have had experiences where we have smelled him in the hallway where he passed, it's very strange. I wonder if he is really still here. Are we crazy or could it be?

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 7 years ago

...it's hard to lose someone - so special, so dear, so loved....

If you sense him around you, that's okay...I wouldn't 'chalk it up' to being crazy...enjoy it while it lasts and while you grieve.  I guess it depends on how your experience makes you feel....if it makes you feel good - go with the feeling.

Another way to look at it - everyone has a special scent about them..he lived in your home..his scent would be everywhere...I don't know for how long...enjoy it....for whatever it is.

3. Merlin Fraser profile image77
    Merlin Fraserposted 7 years ago

I think the simple answer to your question is No, you are not crazy or even close to it. Any shock or trauma to what we consider our normal state of mind can sometimes make our subconscious mind work in strange ways.

The loss of your husband is such a case, whether his death was sudden, or expected, the result of an illness perhaps, you do not say but either case will react with the subconscious mind. You mention you have children and I suspect you may be putting on a brave face for their benefit and of course the two who seem similarly effected maybe doing the same in return.

Personally I do not believe in ghosts but I do believe in the overwhelming power of the human mind and our mental ability for self preservation. It is possible, albeit subconsciously,  that both you and your children derive comfort in the belief that your husband, their father, is still around and perhaps spiritually still there to protect you.    If this is the case where is the harm ?

This is not craziness, these a merely our mental tools that are triggered to help us cope with the problems life throws at us.
    The feeling will pass as you learn to adjust to the pattern of your new life, or not as the case maybe.  You may be happy for the feelings, if they are indeed a comfort, to continue for as long as you need them although I’m not sure that would allow you to move on as you should.

I am sorry for your loss and  I do hope this helps you.

4. John for truth profile image56
    John for truthposted 7 years ago

Missi,

I am sorry to hear about your loss.
    Your husbands spirit (soul) is alive and well, as all of our souls are and will be.

You might very well sense his presence in the ways you mentioned. There are ways you can receive messages from him, if in deed that is his intent. Meditation and sometimes in our dreams we can communicate with our loved ones. As you go to bed at night, just think about him and ask that he communicate with you in your dreams, always ask that any contact with spirit be with :good intentions" as we never want to invite otherwise. Imagine your body surrounded by white light in your minds eye and ask that he contact you. You might just get your wish. Often when the contact is made, there could be some work in trying to figure out the actual message.

working