jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Can all these many and varied denominations all be pleasing to Christ and His Fa

1. True Truthseeker profile image75
    True Truthseekerposted 7 years ago

Can all these many and varied denominations all be pleasing to Christ and His Father?

John 17:21 (American Standard Version)

21 that they may all be one; even as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be in us: that the world may believe that thou didst send me.

2. Daniel J. Neumann profile image61
    Daniel J. Neumannposted 7 years ago

Yes. I believe God is very complex. Since He is outside of time, this may be the only way he can show it: by having His temporal creations contradict themselves.... but that's all conjecture.

3. CMCastro profile image77
    CMCastroposted 7 years ago

When God created man and woman, he allowed them to have free will.. Since the beginning of time, all people in every part of the world have been seeking Absolute Truth.  I  believe that God the Father,
    who has given us life, and given us His Son (John 3:16)  expects us to give back to Him in order to be pleasing to Him. Even in scripture does it say so (Hebrews 11:6)  Even the Old Testament refers to the children of Abraham to be the "apple of His eye" (Deuteronomy 32:10)
    God the Father wants His believers to be obedient to His Son Jesus.
    In the same sense, even those who do not follow Christ are subject to Law and order. The ten commandments are basic for every human being who wants Eternal Peace and not Hell.  No one truly knows who the "chosen few" are( Revelation 17:14) except the Father. I believe that the commandment to "love one another" will always please God, no matter what denomination one is.

4. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

I believe that Almighty God loves all of the people on the face of the earth, and wishes that each and every person would love Him too. God is Love, Unconditional Love.

I further believe that Jesus the Son of God,  recognized God the Father's desire that man should be able to have a personal relationship with The Father, but since man sinned, it would take the sacrifice of a perfect creation, to erase the sin of man to permit such a personal relationship, as God hates sin.

Therefore Jesus volunteered to be that perfect sinfree sacrifice, permitting Himself to become man, and face the humiliation of being crucified and resurrected, to remove man's sin-debt and at the same time remove spiritual death from man's destiny.

Thus Christianity was started, to establish the one and only pathway for man, who desired to have a personal relationship with God.

Most of the various Christian spin-offs are in a simplistic view, merely branches of the same tree. Those branches that do not bear fruit, are barren and dead are lopped off so that fruit may be produced. Those religions who go against God and His teachings will be uprooted and destroyed.