when will we ever see the meek ones possess the earth?

1. estherdaniels profile image58
    estherdanielsposted 7 years ago

when will we ever see the meek ones possess the earth?

I came across a scripture in psalm chapter 37, verse 10 and 11 but also in  verse 29 it say that the righteous themselves will possess the earth and reside forever upon it  i have neve heared this teaching have you what do you know about meek ones possesing the Earth forever?

2. rusticyeti profile image68
    rusticyetiposted 7 years ago

Once Jesus comes back to save the Earth, as it says in the Bible. "Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the Earth." The word 'inherit' does not just mean 'possess' but to be given something by someone after they die. I don't think that it meant that after Christ died the meek will be given the Earth, or that they had a right to the Earth once they were born because they were meek. After and before Christ, according to some histories, died, the meek were usually slaves and servants, and therefore had no control over the Earth. So, perhaps the meek will get the Earth once Jesus comes back.
    Personally though I think the Bible only says that as a way to manipulate common people to be passive and submit to authority in hope of becoming powerful and free in the future (in Heaven).
    My theory: the meek will never inherit the Earth, and only the strong survive and prosper.

3. Merlin Fraser profile image78
    Merlin Fraserposted 7 years ago

I saw that verse writ big on a poster outside the Salvation Army Hostel:

"The Meek shall inherit the Earth !"

Someone wrote underneath...

"TRUE !  But for how long ?"

That should answer your question.  That's not how the World works so I wouldn't hold your breath waiting..

Closed to reply

working