jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you think Judas Iscariot was forgiven after he died?

1. bjspivey-rivers profile image72
    bjspivey-riversposted 7 years ago

Do you think Judas Iscariot was forgiven after he died?

He was chosen for a bad job.  He sold Jesus out.  But then, he tried to take the money back but they wouldn't take it back.  Maybe he felt true sorrow for what he did.  Isn't that the first step to repentance?

2. Unchained Grace profile image61
    Unchained Graceposted 7 years ago

Personal opinions and supposition unsupported by relevant Biblical scripture have no basis. What I or anyone else thinks means nothing as it is based solely on where it comes from. God's Word.

3. sofs profile image81
    sofsposted 7 years ago

He did not forgive himself in the firstplace and took his life in his own hands..whereas Peter truly repented and went back to God for mercy.. Forgiveness is recieved by forgiving self and others...thats what the Lord prayer teaches..
    The decision to recieve mercy or not can be taken only as long as one is alive.. after that it is judgement time.

4. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

Absolutely yes and if you are interested in my reasons you can see it all in my Hub on Judas. I explain it and back it up scripturally too.

5. Marliza Gunter profile image77
    Marliza Gunterposted 7 years ago

no... Judas Iscariot will never be forgiven... Jesus said that it would have been better for him to never have been born...

Closed to reply

working