Was Judas Iscariot Ever Saved Or Did He Lose His Salvation?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (32 posts)
  1. PhoenixV profile image64
    PhoenixVposted 9 years ago

Was Judas Iscariot Ever Saved Or Did He Lose His Salvation?

2. Nolapete profile image73
    Nolapeteposted 9 years ago

Judas realized what he had done and went and hung himself for it.  Only God knows the state of his salvation.  It is said that he tried to give the money back when his eyes were opened to what he had done.  Playing back Jesus' words that he would betray Him in his mind, probably is what caused him to kill himself.

1. Kiss andTales profile image61
      Kiss andTalesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Also Judas believed, he walk with Jesus , and saw all the works done miracle wise by holy spirit
      Was believing enough here. No ! You exercise action with beliefs.
      Mt 24:13 But he that has endured to the end is the one that will be saved.

2. profile image51
      Norine Williamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

K&T: When was Judas' "spiritual" end? Remember I Peter 3:19!  Can we say for sure? Remember Jn 21:22 which says it's not our business? You don't "exercise action with beliefs" if Jesus tells you to "Do quickly!"

3. profile image0
      SirDentposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Luk 22:3  Then entered Satan into Judas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelve.  Nowhere does it say Judas repented.  He was full of guilt and shame yes, but no repentance mentioned.

4. profile image51
      Norine Williamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Matt 27:3 "Repented!"  Matt 27:3 "Gave money back."  Matt 27:4 "Confession!"

I Pet 3:19 Jesus offers GRACE to disobedient prisoners!  Judas present. Only GOD knows but his actions were same as what's req'd of us for forgiveness under GRACE!

3. Kiss andTales profile image61
    Kiss andTalesposted 9 years ago

John 17:12

12  When I was with them, I used to watch over them on account of your own name, which you have given me; and I have protected them, and not one of them is destroyed except the son of destruction, so that the scripture might be fulfilled.
    Also for reference consider who the son of destruction was,

Mr 14:21 For the Son of man is going away, just as it is written about him, but woe to that man through whom the Son of man is betrayed! It would have been better for that man if he had not been born.”

Jesus gave the judgment of Judas right there.
    It would be better if  you had not been born.
    And Judas grieving tried to kill himself.
    If he was forgiven he would not have been suicidal. 

But he worked against the Heavenly Father's Authority who sent His son Jesus.
    Blasphemy was real in his case.not forgivable.

1. Nolapete profile image73
      Nolapeteposted 9 years agoin reply to this

You take the literal "man" as being one person, but Jesus was teaching there.  Isn't not putting your faith in Christ betrayal?  If you believe on Him, you'll have everlasting life.  If you don't, it would be better that you'd never been born.

2. Kiss andTales profile image61

Nola , was Jesus betrayed ? The account says yes,, the name Judas as the betrayer
      It did not say we should not take this literal because it happened , betrayed by the kiss of Judas. .
      Even replace by another Matthias was  chosen to replace Judas

3. profile image0
      Kathleen Hilerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I do believe that the scriptures bear out that Judas was not forgiven but only because he didn't really know the Savior as HIS Lord. He never asked for it..Peter who denied the Lord out of fear..showed remorse..received forgiveness.

4. Kiss andTales profile image61

They Knew of the Government Jesus would rule in. The word Kingdom meant Government then.
      And just think about it Jesus campaign for his future position, yet what they fail to realize that his office would not be like King David on earth but heavenly

5. Rich kelley profile image59
      Rich kelleyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Luke 6:46  "But why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' and not do the things which I say? Was not the love of money Judas demise? Some times it is too late to repent, when is that, I don't know. Today is the day to do the things He says not what man says.

6. Kiss andTales profile image61

Good comment Rich , continuous of our own  spiritual needs .

7. profile image51
      Norine Williamsposted 9 years agoin reply to this

NP: I "see" you "looking" at scripture spiritually & not literally & am loving it! I agree "..not putting your faith in Christ is betrayal" and by doing so, "it would be better that we had never been born." K&T: My God! Religion has taugh

8. Kiss andTales profile image61
      Kiss andTalesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Norine look up the word Gehenna ,. Gehenna represented complete destruction without hope of a resurrection.
      Judas and many religious leaders will be judge for Gehenna
      Never returning complete destruction as you would garbage destroyed and forgotten

9. profile image51

K&T: If Jesus went into grave & offered GRACE (I Pet 3:19) you nor I can say what happened!  Jesus "used" him as a "vessel" & w/o his actions (Judas') there'd be no salvation for any!  No reward by Merciful Jesus?Rem: JESUS said Rm 9:15 &

4. profile image0
    Kathleen Hilerposted 9 years ago

Judas was never in line with the purposes of and in relationship with Jesus in the first place. His betrayal was an effort to force Jesus into a violent takeover of the Roman authority over them. When he realized that it wasn't going to happen that way..his remorse seemed to be more filled with What am I going to do with my life now? Even the Sanhedren scoffed him for what he did. It will be much the same for many in coming days when they see their careers and or money go down the tubes..what NOW? WITHOUT CHRIST there is no hope for a present that is turmoil or a future to be seen beyond it. Judas didn't lose what he didn't have to start with..Political involvement and agenda only.

Could you show scripture regarding your comment.  I never seen that supported by scripture please share.

2. profile image0

What part?

3. Kiss andTales profile image61

The scripture of Judas not being in line with Jesus from the first place. A force of a violent take over. Please provide scriptures.

4. profile image0

Most people then believed Jesus would overthrow..Jews still do today. Judas' dialogues with Jesus(3) were all about betrayal..greed. No specific scrip but a compiling of all.U can search this..no room here smile

5. Kiss andTales profile image61

With no scriptures that only leaves room for opinions , and judgements based on opinions.  Judas was pick to be a follower
      Just like you pick a car in perfect condition
      Yet you did not count on some one running into you. No matter how good you drive

6. profile image0

There are numerous scriptures over the disciples vieing with one another over who would be first..even a woman came to Jesus to ask if her two sons could serve one at the right and the other at the left...Mt 20:21..and Peter asked about John..

7. Kiss andTales profile image61

Yes Kathleen, this is true, as example , like in politics today , say a campaign for president is in the works,  all of his closest supporters would want him to give them seats under his administration,  means Jobs
      Here these with Jesus knew of

8. profile image0

Gross error for comparison here..JESUS was GOD and they as we are to KNOW him as our savior in a personal way..to approach J in such a manner is to totally miss the mark..11 disciples corrected this..Judas' intent was callous conniving betrayal greed

9. Kiss andTales profile image61

Kathleen ,Jesus corrected their thinking,
      Mt 20:23 He said to them: “YOU will indeed drink my cup, but this sitting down at my right hand and at my left is not mine to give, but it belongs to those for whom it has been prepared by my Father.

10. profile image51

Kat: Jesus KNOWS ALL! He knew Judas' heart fm beginning but used him as a vessel so "Scripture could be fulfilled!"  If not Judas, someone else! I thank GOD for Judas for w/o him, we'd have no Salvation! But Jesus went into grave! Maybe Judas?????

11. profile image0
      SirDentposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Judas died the death of a lost soul.  If he had held on just a little longer, his sins would have been forgiven.

12. profile image51

Did you forget I Pet 3:19-20? He went & spoke to disobedient! Wasn't Judas there? GRACE was offered those too! 

Before Judas died, he confessed/repented! Is that not what is req'd of us under GRACE? Why's his conf/repent n Scripture? Why say "I

5. profile image51
    Norine Williamsposted 9 years ago

Why do so many "Christians" not know Jesus?  It is His desire that NONE are lost!  Even on the cross He said, "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do..."   the Jews, the soldiers, etc., but not Judas?  That is the JESUS I know!  Forgiving and merciful!   

I agree with Nola "Only God knows the state of his salvation."  According to what "we" believe for "our" salvation (which would include Judas), all one must do is "confess" and "repent" and "our" sins will be forgiven (which Judas did according to Matthew 27:3-5).  But not Judas?

Yes, Jesus said in Matthew 26:24 and Mark 14:21 "It had been better for that man if he had not been born" and Scripture did not lie for Judas was so "mentally tortured" that he hung himself!  Judas loved Jesus, but was a "vessel" used to fulfill Scripture.  John 13:27 says "...Satan entered into him. Then said Jesus unto him, What thou doest, do quickly."  Jesus "allowed" Satan to enter Judas so Scripture could be fulfilled! 

Again, Scripture did not lie when It stated in John 17:12 in which Jesus said, "While I was with them IN THE WORLD, I kept them in thy name, those that thou gavest me, I have kept, and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition, that the scripture might be fulfilled."  Did you notice Jesus said "in the world" none is lost but the "son of perdition?"  But what about in the grave?

Wait?  Didn't Jesus go into the grave and preached unto the spirits in prison?  I Peter 3;19-20 says, "By whom also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison, Who at one time were disobedient..." 

Well now, if Judas "confessed and repented,"  and was so remorseful that he hang himself, do you really think that the same Jesus that said "Father, forgive them for they know not what they do" meant everyone except Judas?  Come on "Christians!"  Get real!

But as Nolapete said "Only God knows the state of his salvation."  John 21:22 tells us what to do when Jesus said, "...If I will that he tarry til I come, what is that to thee?  Follow thou me."  Jesus has told us His business is not our concern, "Just follow Him!"

Kiss andTalesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Norine in KJV he uses perdition as in Judas case, which means damnation.
      He could not change the judgment of betraying JESUS was blasphemous,  which is none forgivable. Yes he felt remorse ,But his act was unforgivable .

2. profile image51

Rm 9:15 & Exd 33:19!  Who Knows but GOD!  Just Follow Him (Jn 21:22) for it is really none of our business!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)