jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Can our own guilt condemn us on judgement day even if we didn't necessarly sin?

1. enchanted13 profile image81
    enchanted13posted 7 years ago

Can our own guilt condemn us on judgement day even if we didn't necessarly sin?

Take the deadly sin of Sloth for example. If on that day we feel guilty about something like we've wasted too much time when we were on earth or we didn't feel we accomplished what we should have because we were too lazy etc, will that guilt then condemn us even if we didn't really do anything wrong but just felt like we did? What do you think?

2. HOOWANTSTONO profile image60
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 7 years ago

If you are Born Again , you cannot be judged by God because the guilt and punishment was on Jesus Christ shoulders for you, and God punished Jesus Christ for you. Rejection of the ACT of God is rejecting Gods eternal forgiveness and eternal life.

3. Merlin Fraser profile image78
    Merlin Fraserposted 7 years ago

You mean like walking through the "Nothing to Declare" line at the airport, looking guilty even when you really have nothing to declare ?

Oh I love these Born Again teachings and how they just can't stand to see people happy and content in their own skin.

If you are happy it must be a sin and you should find something to feel guilty about....

Who can truly believe that come judgement day there will be two queues, one for  'Born Again,' straight through guys nothing to declare....!

Yeah Right !  Boy are they in for a shock !

What is so wrong with taking your time ?  I see the most amazing things when I'm sitting quietly doing nothing.

Am I Born Again ?  Nope !  Once was enough.

Personally I don't subscribe to any of this new fangled religious Mumbo Jumbo Clap Trap I was much happier ignoring the Hellfire and  Brimstone Brigade.

But my advice to you would be to live life to the best of your ablity and be the best you can be.

And if and when that day comes just look your God straight in the eye and say ,"Nothing to Declare."

4. Jaggedfrost profile image79
    Jaggedfrostposted 7 years ago

The afterlife, due to death’s habit of obscuring one’s view of it, has a tendency of drawing a number of responses and theories about its make up and specificities. If one considers all such thoughts as equal you will stop any fights on the... read more

5. sofs profile image82
    sofsposted 7 years ago

The bible says that Jesus took our place on the cross, our guilt ,shame, sin , suffering, disesase was borne by him. Gal 3:13 Christ has reedemed us from the curse of the Law.
    1 Pet1:24 by His stripes we were healed.
    I can quote scripture after scripture but I just want  to get this clear that  if you are in Christ Jesus then you have no guilt/shame. His Blood has washed away every sin commited , or will be commited in the future if you believe in His name- Jesus the one who saves us from  all sin.
    Each man to his own beliefs!! That is the final truth, the choice that you make for God or against him.  God bless!!

Closed to reply