jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Is life all about how an individual looks I am of the opnion that its more about

1. sofs profile image82
    sofsposted 7 years ago

Is life all about how an individual looks I am of the opnion that its more about who you are  as...

a person- your take?

2. Daniel J. Neumann profile image61
    Daniel J. Neumannposted 7 years ago

I'm in your camp. It superficial to judge someone based on their appearance. It's the easiest, safest, and laziest way to identify a threat, however.

There's a real problem in the way our brain is wired, but I'm sure we could learn to compensate for that by reserving judgments until we know what beliefs people hold.

We have to believe in something. It doesn't have to be God, but I know that helped me. In all honesty, I think some atheists like Carl Sagan understood God better than some high-ranking priests, but saw him in a different light----he studied how God made the universe and the laws of physics that He legislated.

Thanks for the great question smile

3. The Belly Burner profile image53
    The Belly Burnerposted 7 years ago

There will always be an element of physical judgement, but it's vital that you get to know a person before you jump to conclusions. You might come across a really attractive girl or guy that you can't help but admire, but once you get to know them you may find that they're a nasty piece of work!

4. LadyWriter profile image76
    LadyWriterposted 7 years ago

I agree that who you are as a person matters more than how you look, but when someone meets you for the first time they evaluate you very quickly - within seconds and this first impression can be very difficult to reverse, so it is important to try to look your best.  That doesn't mean to say that everyone needs to look like a supermodel, as long as you're friendly, approachable and well-groomed (clean and tidy) it isn't so important what size or shape you are or if you're wearing the latest fashions.

5. Jaggedfrost profile image78
    Jaggedfrostposted 7 years ago

Photo taken by Kacey Cluff The question about inner beauty verses outer beauty is as old as the mirror and possibly older still. The cave men and women, when seeking mates, had this argument, I am sure, at the edge of a large puddle or a lake. It is... read more

6. tfhodge profile image56
    tfhodgeposted 6 years ago

Image is only temporal. Substance endures. Who said, "Image is everything"? And who believed it?