jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What is the most profound thought you've ever had?

1. puregrace profile image67
    puregraceposted 7 years ago

What is the most profound thought you've ever had?

(this could be in any area of life)

2. Dave Barnett profile image52
    Dave Barnettposted 7 years ago

That we are like individual raindrops, and God is the ocean.

3. Jennifer M profile image56
    Jennifer Mposted 7 years ago

That I live with domesticated wolves that love me and I love, too.

4. Stephanie J.B. profile image54
    Stephanie J.B.posted 7 years ago

Oh wow, I can actually answer this with a specific event.

It was a few months ago in my dorm room.  I was alone, and I couldn't sleep.  So I just laid there staring at the wall, and then I started to think about life and death and why we're here... etc.

Somehow I came to the conclusion that the only thing I know for sure is that I don't know anything, and that proves that I'm a sentient being and not some organism. 

And then later I figured out that Tolstoy said the same thing.  I dunno, I'm sure I didn't hear the quote before, but either way that was pretty cool.

5. Daniel J. Neumann profile image61
    Daniel J. Neumannposted 7 years ago

Oh my God. We're killing ourselves. That's what war is. Humanity is suicidal.

They've got to know.

6. sofs profile image82
    sofsposted 7 years ago

We are  just a tiny, almost insignificant speck in all of creation and yet we act like everything is about us.

7. Emissionguy profile image82
    Emissionguyposted 7 years ago

I'm okay, everyone else is whacked. Fortunately I learned this early enough in life to be useful.

8. John B Badd profile image60
    John B Baddposted 7 years ago

Everything is connected = the entire universe as we know it and beyond is a system = everything is made up of energy, matter and consiousness.

9. vydyulashashi profile image58
    vydyulashashiposted 7 years ago

that am in a social jungle where a terrible animal called human is destroying this planet at a rapid rate

working