jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Imagine a world without Religion & describe it in 3 bullet points...

1. Rishy Rich profile image74
    Rishy Richposted 7 years ago

Imagine a world without Religion & describe it in 3 bullet points...

2. Daniel J. Neumann profile image59
    Daniel J. Neumannposted 7 years ago

* Religion of supernatural is replaced by a religion of natural (aka science).

* All wars become trade wars (aka, what it is now—but more transparent).

* Morality comes from philosophy rather than scripture (aka, more-or-less the same)

It's a good idea to universalize religion with a Unitarian, post-modern, inter-faith belief-system, but humans won't outgrow their need to understand what we can never be understood anytime soon. We'll always have religion—whether we call it a religion or not!

3. Tusitala Tom profile image61
    Tusitala Tomposted 7 years ago

Daniel J Neumann is pretty well spot on.   I can recall a friend of mine saying to me many years ago, that if two little children were marooned on a deserted island (Blue Lagoon type setting) they would still grow up in awe of their surroundings and...pretty soon...would be worshipping something as God.

If you call that religion, all well and good.   It is those who try put in place the machinery of how we should worship, what is right and what is wrong; it is from these our problems come, it seems to me.   I've long been of the opinion that the more dogmatically religious a person is, the more dangerous they are.

4. stilljustwonderin profile image60
    stilljustwonderinposted 7 years ago

Well they have pretty much taken religion out of schools.
    What do they have now?