jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Tell me: Which do you value more: beauty or strength and why?

1. wingedcentaur profile image83
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

Tell me: Which do you value more: beauty or strength and why?

2. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

For me, strength...beauty can get you some places in life, but when it really comes down to it there's not a lot of use for it except to temporarily please the eye. Strength can carry you through any obstacles and keep you going long after others would have given up. The right kind of strength, applied in the right places, can keep you going toward your goals regardless of what tries to stop you.

3. triosol profile image58
    triosolposted 7 years ago

I am also agree with Wychic Statement. Stregngth is more important than Beauty. Strenght only will help you to go through all the obstacles.

4. ZarkoZivkovic profile image76
    ZarkoZivkovicposted 7 years ago

While I absolutely agree with the answers here and value strength more than I value beauty, it is a whole different matter if we are talking about inner beauty, which can sometimes be part of a persons strength. Well, the answer will depend on the question, since yours isn't defined to details I will assume that you are talking about outer beauty and agree with wychic and triosol.

As for why, well strength is something that can help you no matter what situation you are in, while beauty can only get you something for a limited time, and personally I wouldn't think I achieved anything relying on beauty rather than my own capabilities. Beauty is a gift, it is not something that we achieve, unless we are talking about inner beauty smile

5. jdomingo profile image61
    jdomingoposted 7 years ago

Just depends what are we talking about here physical strength or inner strength?  Physical beauty or inner beauty?  Out  of the four I would go with inner strength it's what keeps us moving and keeps us going when the going gets tough.  It helps us through those bad times and rests during the good times.

6. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

Beauty shall fade and can become a curse to you in stead of a blessing,Strength shall endure because it is spiritual.

7. terced ojos profile image64
    terced ojosposted 7 years ago

I value neither; that is assuming you are asking about physical strength and physical beauty.

If your question is indeed about the carnal existence of strength and beauty then I don't value either one. Both are fleeting.