jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How do you know God has given you the gift of laying on of hands

1. profile image46
    charlotte fentresposted 7 years ago

How do you know God has given you the gift of laying on of hands

Do God have to come to you in a vision for you to have permission to laying hands on the sick and cast out demons

2. Porshadoxus profile image76
    Porshadoxusposted 7 years ago

The Bible never mentions a gift called 'Laying on of Hands'. The term is used in a couple of cases. Hands are 'layed on' to pray for healing (either physical/mental or demonic possession) or to commission a minister or missionary to carry out his calling.
    With this in mind, I will answer a modified question: How do you know if you have the Gifts of Healing?
    If you are a born again Christian, and baptized in the Holy Spirit, God may choose to impart to you that gift. If you experience God working healings through you (be clear that it is never a human that works a miraculous healing), you clearly have that gift. It may or may not be long-term.

3. cascoly profile image60
    cascolyposted 7 years ago

Glendower:         I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur:                  Why, so can I, or so can any man
                                     But will they come when you do call for them?
    Henry IV, Part 1

4. profile image49
    sunny5555posted 7 years ago

Some people know when they have a gift, When we are done we see the result, and it happens only with the works of God.

5. drpastorcarlotta profile image77
    drpastorcarlottaposted 7 years ago

Right before Jesus ascension, He told His disciples to carry this tradition on into the future. Mark 16:17-18 "These signs will accompany those who believe: They will cast out demons in my name, and they will speak new languages. They will be able to handle snakes with safety, and if they drink anything poisonous, it won't hurt them. They will be able to place their hands on the sick and heal them."   THOSE WHO BELIEVE!

You are more than welcome to read my Hub on Laying On Of Hand  http://hubpages.com/hub/drpastorcarlott … n-of-hands

working