jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Should "Until Death do you part" get taken out of wedding cereomonies?

1. Darrell Roberts profile image72
    Darrell Robertsposted 7 years ago

Should "Until Death do you part" get taken out of wedding cereomonies?

Why do people make these wedding vows and then break them, best not get married unless you are going to honor the vows.

2. Kandice5280 profile image55
    Kandice5280posted 7 years ago

Hello, I think it is because you are suppose to be married with intention till one of you die, but in reality these days, most marriages don't last 5 years which is unfortunate.  Also, they should take out "the obey" part in my opinion.  I won't be
    saying that should I decide to get married.  Writing your own vows is pretty popular these days as well.

3. jdomingo profile image60
    jdomingoposted 7 years ago

I think most people keep saying it because of tradition give it another generation or two and all of that will change I think.  But to answer the question, no I don't think it should get taken out that is what people should get married for but, people change so maybe they should rephrase it.  I'm not sure to each their own honestly.

4. MickS profile image71
    MickSposted 7 years ago

The wedding vows are to do with honour, these days, people too easily throw away their honour, don't make it easier for them to do so.

5. Darrell Roberts profile image72
    Darrell Robertsposted 7 years ago

Much appreciated answers. I think people should write their own vows. I am beginning to think people should pledge a five year commitment and then review where they stand in the relationship before they even decide to get married. Times are changing and I think it is time we make the changes to reflect the reality.

working