what if i want to use my tithe to give to persons i think are in need, rather th

1. profile image49
    ramon2010posted 7 years ago

what if i want to use my tithe to give to persons i think are in need, rather than throwing it...

into the tithe basket, is that a bad idea?

2. colonial82 profile image60
    colonial82posted 7 years ago

I don't think giving to peoplel that are in need instead of the tithe basket is wrong at all.  At least in my Christianity, I hadn't learned that tithing was required in the Bible.  We were taught that giving to the poor was actually more important than giving to the church collection.

Have a great day smile

3. profile image49
    ramove2002posted 7 years ago

I strongly do not agree with the first answer.  There are scriptures in the bible, especially Deuteronomy 14 that states specifically to give God your best. God should always be first in our lives.  Whatever our income is, be it allowance, pay check, social security disability or SSI, retirement, pension, etc. when you receive that check, 10% must always be taken out.  The church has to survive, the upkeep, stationary, etc.  A chiurch conference should also be in order so that the congregation will know exactly how your tithes and offerings are being used.

working