jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is there such a thing as a 'positive drug experience'? (Other than medical reaso

1. profile image48
    CHASIN' JASONposted 7 years ago

Is there such a thing as a 'positive drug experience'? (Other than medical reason, of course)...

I'm sort of on the fence about it...

2. kookoo88 profile image59
    kookoo88posted 7 years ago

I've gotten contact highs at a few rock concerts.  The whole experience was really great, but I was left with a massive headache.

I've seen a lot more negative experiences though, especially with heavier drugs.  Lots of killings in Mexico with drug wars right now.  Lots of people in jail because they were high and their judgement impaired.

I'd say stay away from it.  You can have a very enjoyable life without the use of drugs.  It's not always easy, but you do the best you can. smile

Afroman has a catchy song about getting high, so I suppose that's a positive experience. big_smile

3. angel115707 profile image60
    angel115707posted 7 years ago

Yes, of coarse there is, but its not just drugs, its the moment and the spirit realm ....a place in a persons life for it, being part Native American, I understand wanting enlightenment, but here's the kicker... addicts want that "moment" over and over and over, but they do not get, that the drug alone isn't going to do it, it must be a state of spirit and mind, only once or twice in a lifetime will you find it.... Jesus said himself a little wine is good for the soul, and drinking on a rare occasion can break barriers and walls of logic we build up and open us to love and understanding, but wanting that "feeling" people drink over and over, and abuse it, never to find what they are truly searching for, wisdom and timing is key...today there is no balance or cultural understanding for the use of recreational, or as I call, spiritual drugs....

4. noturningback profile image75
    noturningbackposted 7 years ago

The only positive experience I would say can come from drug use is, when after using them and possibly things did not go according to our plans, we would adopt the policy of abstinence.

working