I wonder, is Satan the Leviathan or seraphim? Is lucifer the king of bab or tyre

1. profile image45
    ChristianSoldierposted 7 years ago

I wonder, is Satan the Leviathan or seraphim? Is lucifer the king of bab or tyre? I am confused.

2. Judah's Daughter profile image77
    Judah's Daughterposted 7 years ago

Hi ChristianSoldier!  You may have read my hub called "Is Lucifer the Devil?"  Thank you for asking this question of me and I will do my best to answer with the study results I have thus far:  Satan (the dragon) appears to be a 'force' that influences his angels and people to rebel against God and His children (while a seraph is a single type of angel - a multitude of these angels is known as 'seraphim').  Leviathan is associated with the dragon who lives in the sea, as in Revelation, the beast (the dragon) rises up out of the sea of peoples, nations, tribes and tongues (ref Job 41:31; Ps 74:14; Ps 104:26; Job 41:31; Rev 12:7-9; Rev 13:1 and Rev 17:15).  This dragon (Satan) gives the Antichrist his power, throne and authority (Rev 13:2).  On the other hand, the Antichrist comes up out of the abyss - Sheol (Rev 17:8; Is 14:11), while the false prophet comes up out of the earth (Rev 13:11).

Isaiah 14 is the only chapter in the Bible that mentions the proper name of Lucifer, which wasn't originally in the text.  It is a Latin name inserted in the midst of Hebrew.  Verse 12 is properly translated, "How you have fallen from heaven, O star of the morning, son of the dawn!"  This fallen 'star' is the king of Babylon (Is 14:3).  The other passage used by church doctrine to say Lucifer is the devil (the dragon) is found in Ezekiel 28:13, which is not about the king of Babylon, but the king of Tyre (see verse 1).  Both of them are cherubim.

The king of Babylon and Tyre are not the same fallen ones, for they fight against each other in Ez 26:7 and 29:18.  I believe that Isaiah was prophesying about the king of end-time Babylon in Chapter 14, the coming Antichrist.  I have a hub on this also called "Lucifer: the spirit of Antichrist".  The Antichrist and Satan (the dragon) cannot be the same entity because each is cast into the Lake of Fire a thousand years apart (Rev 19:20 and 20:10).  I hope this information is helpful.