jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Do you believe in evil?

1. Jay Louidor profile image60
    Jay Louidorposted 7 years ago

Do you believe in evil?

2. profile image0
    nomadicasianposted 7 years ago

Yes, I do believe and they can be seen all over the place.

3. bushraismail profile image61
    bushraismailposted 7 years ago

yes evil is present and people are attracted to it than they are attracted to good...but at the end of the day GOOD WINS.

4. profile image30
    nbbatt.composted 7 years ago

Yes, I believe in evil. It presents at anytime and anyplace.

5. kids-toy-box profile image77
    kids-toy-boxposted 7 years ago

I dont belive in it but I do belive that it exists and it is a potential in every one of us...there is a fine line between good and evil and such paradoxes which can only be overcome by a consciousness of ones actions. The Portrait of Dorain Gray is a great  literary example of this paradox.

6. brandasaur profile image60
    brandasaurposted 7 years ago

I do believe in Good. So i automatically believe in Evil too. smile

7. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i believe in evil but not in the religous aspect. people can be evil most certainly. we are all capable of hideous acts but thankfully most of us never do anything that would be deemed evil.

8. wingedcentaur profile image84
    wingedcentaurposted 7 years ago

I do not "believe" in evil in the Judeo-Christian-Islamic sense. I do not believe in it in the Satanic sense. When we talk about evil, in the strict sense in the Western World, I think our reference point (either consciously or unconsciously) is the Devil.

According to this religious mythology Satan turned against God out of sheer willfulness. And we are given to understand that his actions were unprecedented, in that his insubordination seemed to "come out of nowhere."

One of our closest mortal, real equivalents is Adolph Hitler, whom we associate with the concept of actual evil. He was a bad man to be sure. He slaughtered six million Jews to be sure. But he does not meet the Satanic standard as I understand it because his philosophy and methods had a pedigree that dated back centuries or even thousands of years. And so on and so forth. Etc, etc. I've written about it in a hub examining "Free Will Versus Determinism."

But to answer your question: No, I don't believe in "evil" in the Judeo-Islamic-Christian, Satanic sense.

9. Apostle Jack profile image60
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

Only a fool would look at a wall,and say it is not there. Evil is what you see in what is wrong,what is negative and what is against God.Evil is in everyone until we process it out by the power of God's spirit.

10. Thesource profile image78
    Thesourceposted 7 years ago

God permitted evil to exist. Nothing exists without God's approval. There is a holy purpose for evil to exist. Only when one experiences evil one can recognize and experience Goodness to the full extent.

In this way God not only knows his Goodness but he can experience his Goodness.

11. profile image0
    rakubaposted 7 years ago

There is no evli as we do not know what is Truth. Teach me what is evil, first.

12. LeslieAdrienne profile image77
    LeslieAdrienneposted 7 years ago

God believes and does a good job showing us how it looks, what it does and how we are to handle it.

working